As a Country and Sector Risk Analyst within the Risk Management department, you will monitor risks related to specific sectors and to countries within a determined geographic zone, for which you will determine the risk acceptance policy, in order to be able to offer clients a competitive cover policy while maintaining financial balance for Credendo. Communicating on the risks and the cover policy, both internally and externally, with the aim of reinforcing the company's image, is part of your role. Furthermore, you will enhance the credit risk models by assessing the different risk drivers with which Credendo is confronted when underwriting policies.
- You will determine and ensure the follow-up of the acceptance policy for sectors/countries in which risks are insured.
- You will process, analyse and interpret quantified and qualitative information accurately (on topics such as the macroeconomic environment, global commodity markets, sectorial developments, political events and geopolitical developments).
- You will interpret and transform the results of the risk models for existing risks into risk acceptance proposals to be submitted to Credendo’s Board of Directors and Management Committees in order to continuously have an up-to-date acceptance policy for each country and each sector, which will constitute a restrictive framework for the underwriting of business by Credendo.
- You will confirm and improve, notably thanks to statistical methods, the credit risk assessment models, which enable to assess the different risk drivers (countries, sectors, debtors) with which Credendo is confronted when underwriting policies.
- You will communicate (notably via newsletters and presentations) on sectoral risks and country risks to the public, in order to properly inform clients and other interested parties (such as the media) and to promote the company’s reputation and image.
- You will provide internal Credendo clients with information, give advice and suggest solutions to ad hoc complex questions.
- You will integrate the Risk Management team and you will report to the Country and Sector Risk Manager.
- You hold a Master's degree in (pure) economics or business engineering with solid training in statistical modelling.
- Proficiency in R or Python is required.
- You have strong analytical skills and you are able to put things in a broader context.
- You have a strong interest in global economy, financial and business news and geopolitics.
- You are able to formulate substantiated proposals and to defend them to appropriate target audience.
- You are result-oriented, you work autonomously but also show team spirit.
- You have a good command (both verbal and written) of English, Dutch and French.
- An interesting permanent contract in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- Learning opportunities to develop your skills and expertise.
- A salary corresponding to your profile and experience, including hospital and ambulatory care insurance, pension insurance, FlexReward plan and other extra-legal benefits.
- A hybrid working arrangement (three days WFH) offering flexibility and a good work-life balance.
- A role in a company where the following values are key: respect, customer intimacy and reliability.