Participates in development, testing and delivery of software products or components.
Job title: .Net/PHP Developer
Job Description:Capita are looking for a .Net/PHP Developer – Based at home.
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
The Developer will assist with the on-going development, maintenance and support of all systems.
What you’ll be doing:The main responsibilities are detailed below, although the post holder would also be expected to perform any other duties which might reasonably be required by the business.
- Work as a member of a SCRUM team using aDEVOPS approach to support existing systems and deliver change to the business
- Design, development and testing of new features in the applications
- Responsible for regular communication with others involved in the development process
- Implement, test, and bug-fix functionality
- Responsibility for design and implementation of software projects using C#
- Participate as a team member in fully agile Scrum deliveries
- Provide support to internal business users
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C# code to requisite and industry standards
- Have and maintain a good understanding of business processes
All employees are responsible for
- abiding by TMS Security policy & procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook, and implementing security directives from relevant managers (for example Senior Managers, HR & IS Managers) from time to time
- reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential threat
What we’re looking for:
- A proven track record of delivering software features in a commercial environment
- Experience of full stack development using the .Net framework and C#?
- Experience using MVC with ASP.NET
- Experience using Web API with ASP.NET core
- Experience working under source control
AboutTrustmarque is an award winning IT partner that delivers IT solutions which empower our customers to work smarter and more effectively. We simplify business, through a flexible and cost-effective approach that empowers organisations and their people. Giving honest, simple and independent advice we help our customers to navigate an increasingly complex world of IT – and that’s exactly what you’ll do too, if you join our talented team here.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27 with the opportunity to buy extra leave)
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you or contact Katie.Wheeler@capita.co.uk
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Location: York - Sand Hutton
Time Type: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent