NVIDIA is hiring engineers to scale up its AI Infrastructure. We expect you to have strong programming skills, a deep understanding of software building and packaging, especially related to GO and C++, experience with distributed systems, as well as excellent communication and planning skills. We also welcome out-of-the-box thinkers who can provide new ideas while strong at executing tasks. Expect to be constantly challenged, improving, and evolving for the better. You and other engineers in this team will help advance NVIDIA's capacity to build and deploy leading infrastructure solutions for a broad range of AI-based applications that affect core data science. If you are creative, passionate about what you do, autonomous and love having fun, then what are you waiting for, apply today! For two decades, we have pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU - the engine of modern visual computing - the field has expanded to encompass video games, movie production, product design, medical diagnosis, and scientific research. Today, we stand at the beginning of the next era, the AI computing era, ignited by a new computing model, GPU deep learning.
What you will be doing:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join the core group working on AI infrastructure for Autonomous Car.
- We work on building and improving the distributed data intensive monitoring and logging infrastructure for AI workload
- Solid technical foundation in distributed systems especially time series database internals, building data lake and push/pull based monitoring/logging clients, load balancing, millions of concurrent low latency read and high throughput write in distributed fashion.
- Analyzing performance metrics, identifying, and implementing improvements for both open source code and building components from the ground up as needed
- Work with engineering teams across all of NVIDIA to ensure your software integrates seamlessly up and down the stack.
What we need to see:
- Highly motivated with strong communication skills, you have ability to work successfully with multi-functional teams, principles and architects and coordinate effectively across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- 15+ years of software engineering experience on large-scale production systems.
- You possess a BS in Computer Science/Engineering/Physics/Mathematics or other comparable degree or equivalent experience
- Expert level knowledge of a systems programming language (Go, C++) and Solid understanding of Data Structure, Algorithms, Multi-threaded code.
- Understanding of performance, reliability in complex distributed systems. Experience with disk-based data structure LSM Tree, B-Tree is highly desirable.
- Solid foundation of horizontal and vertical scaling, sharding, replication, TCP/IP, streaming/queueing and batch processing, containers and K8s orchestration system.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Large-scale Distributed System
- Operational experience in Data-Intensive Infrastructure
- Self-motivation and a drive to get to “done”.
NVIDIA is leading the way in groundbreaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery, and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars. NVIDIA is looking for great people like you to help us accelerate the next wave of artificial intelligence. NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.