IoT/SCADA Data EngineerPOSITION SUMMARY:
Alkermes is seeing a Senior IIoT/SCADA Data Engineer IT Operations Team
This highly visible role will be responsible for the lifecycle management of the Wilmington Bio Pharmaceutical manufacturing facility’s IIoT/SCADA data acquisition infrastructure including its ongoing evolution. This position works in partnership with the HMI SCADA team and requires extensive experience in traditional IT technologies as well as industry standard SCADA databases. As part of a team that owns SCADA data acquisition, reporting, and the MES system this is a critical technical leader role with excellent opportunity for someone who has a strong balance of technical skills, time management, and soft skills.
All work of the Sr. IIoT/SCADA Data Engineer is conducted within regulatory guidelines and industry best practices.
The role will be based in Wilmington, Ohio. Occasional business travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide contextual and technical information to manufacturing and engineering internal customers. Assist them in identifying difficult technical problems and devising solutions.
- Maintain documentation associated with technology in a FDA regulated manufacturing environment.
- Provide support for system testing and validation activities including off hours as required.
- Develop scripts and automate routine tasks. Application performance monitoring, user access, patching, auditing, and application configuration management.
- Install, modify, document, and maintain system configuration, updates and changes.
- Analyze requirements and performance to optimize systems configuration for stability including fault tolerance, cross training and cross functional teamwork.
- Translate user requirements into technical solutions including the creation of detailed work breakdown structures, planning, and execution.
- Author and support activities associated with design changes, production expansion and changes.
- Develop strategic SCADA data acquisition infrastructure including plant level visualizations.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Actively develop procedures and train peers on system operations.
Requirements:Bachelor’s Degree (MS Degree preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent.
Min 7 years of hands on technical experience
Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed:Primary Skills
SQL Database Administration including advanced data management activities.
SQL Query Authoring & Administration
Managing Time Series Data
Network Communication Protocols
Rockwell RSLinx, FTLinx
Project Management Discipline
Rockwell Software Suite (FT View, FT Transxn Manager, FT Batch)
Compact Logix PLCs
Rockwell/Allen Bradley PLCs
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law. Alkermes also complies with all work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Alkermes is an E-Verify employer.