The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Job DescriptionThis position will remain open until filled, review of candidates' materials will begin on Wednesday, August 11, 2020, and best consideration will be given for materials submitted prior to this date.
The Department of Recruitment and College Connections is looking forStudent Ambassadors who are interested in becoming part of a fun and prestigious program, in which one can develop leadership, communication, customer service, and time management skills that will be very helpful when applying for future internships or career opportunities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Representing CSN during college nights, business and industry events, etc.
- Giving presentations and assist the Recruitment team in various events in high schools and middle schools throughout Las Vegas and Henderson
- Providing campus tours to prospective students
- Assisting prospective or newly-admitted students
- Answering/returning phone calls
- Managing social media
- Participating in leadership workshops and in-service training
- Assisting the Recruitment team in completing special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Note: Open to students of all majors and degree programs
Minimum QualificationsTo be eligible for the Student Ambassador position, you must:
- Possess a valid Nevada driver's license and personal transportation
- Be at least a second-semester CSN student, enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours during Spring and Fall semesters
- Have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Be available to work at least three 4-hour shifts per week, between 8am and 5pm, (to include occasional evenings and weekends,) during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters
- Be able to commit to the program for an academic year
- Possess the desire and ability to learn CSN’s policies, procedures, and programs
- Have previous public speaking experience
- Possess proven leadership skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team-oriented environment
- Have a friendly, outgoing personality with a strong sense of pride in CSN
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., including Outlook)
- Working knowledge of at least one social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram)
- Proficiency in another language (e.g., Spanish, Mandarin, etc.)
- Graphic design experience.
Pay: Competitive & contingent upon fundingExempt No
Full-Time Equivalent 48.8%
Required Attachment(s)Required Attachment(s) Please include the following in your application:
- Resume (you can include school/volunteer experience if you do not have prior job experience)
- Unofficial Transcript showing your Spring 2020 and overall cumulative GPA
- Cover Letter
NOTE: Only complete applications with all required supporting documents will be eligible for an interview
INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTECSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Posting Close Date 12/18/2020
Note to ApplicantApplicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.