Network Installer Technician Job Description:
- The candidate must have experience in all facets of network installations, which includes the physical placement of conduit, CAT5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required.
- Also includes but not limited to: surveys, installing other conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Experience in cable installation
- Experience with conduit preferred
- Experience with single mode and multi-mode cable preferred
- HS diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate degree in Engineering Technology or RCDD is a plus.
- Candidate must be PC literate and should have experience in word processing and use of spreadsheet software packages.
- Driving a company car may be required; applicants must be able to provide proof of a valid driver's license and insurance.
- Two (2) years of college in a computer field and four (4) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education or experience for a total of six (6) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for one (1) year of education or experience requirements. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Primary Location:United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
Job Posting:Mar 15, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Job Classification:Full-Time Regular
Capabilities:Advanced Technology Facilities