Description The Product Service Center, PSC, is a rapidly growing division within the Rapid Solutions Business Unit of Jacobs. PSC is a full-service engineering team that typically supports the design and integration of sensor systems on various platforms including aircraft, UAV, ISR Pods, sea craft and others. Our facilities have manufacturing and testing capabilities, allowing you as the engineer to be part of the manufacturing and test process from prototype to production.
Our small team is looking for a highly motivated and hardworking individual that likes to take ownership and wants the opportunity to make themselves and our team successful. Devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product in conjunction with product design and specifications. Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and executes the testing and evaluation of standard and special devices.
Provides test parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in by production test technicians. Consults with the development and/or requirements team to coordinate and test applications.
Performs analysis, diagnostics and preliminary evaluations of products. Develop testing procedures. Develops test plans, scripts, scenarios, functional tests, regression tests, and deployment tests. Implements the testing processes and ensures all test activities follow those processes. Produces reports on each test activity and tracks test metrics. Monitors for continual test process improvement through failure analysis, throughput analysis, yield analysis, and report to management periodically.
- Ability to work with RF technologies and (COTS) commercial off-the-shelf components.
- Utilize development boards and/or breadboards to prove out circuit designs.
- Ability to read and perform reviews on schematics.
- Able to generate preliminary test plans based on schematics and component specifications only.
- Review or create system and module level block diagrams.
- Test cable assembly design and documentation.
- Develop test process flows and document via Test Plan documentation.
- Develop robust test methods, ensuring a quality product, and document via Test Procedures documentation.
- Review manufacturing & test flows and provide feedback for best practices to improve throughput efficiency.
- Interface with the Mechanical Engineering team supporting product integration and test. Support mechanical applicable tests and test documentation where needed. (vibration, thermal qualifications, tensile testing, etc…)
- Coordinate with the assembly team and SMT shop, internal or external, to manufacture products on time and within cost.
- Investigates failure root causes and recommends actions to enhance the system and equipment reliability.
- Able to generate data collection procedures, execute data collection, and provide reports to design engineers and management.
- Document all work clearly and use configuration management tools to track work.
- Assist in preparing plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years in a RF Test Engineering position.
- Background and working knowledge in RF theory and concepts.
- Understanding of common RF component (duplexer, mixers, rf switch’s, rf amplifiers, etc.) function and component test methods.
- Knowledge of integrating these components into a system and the ability to generate test specifications based on RF system designs.
- Understanding of Digital components (Mircocontrollers, FPGA’s, SoC, translators, etc..) and analog components (passive circuits, power supplies, filters, etc..) function and component test methods.
- Ability to generate test plans and specifications from circuit designs and component specifications.
- Able to be independent and solve problems with minimum support.
- Must be able to research and learn on your own.
- Working closely with test technicians and deciphering their feedback to improve the test process.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance (not required for present role).
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office software products.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar Schematic Capture tools.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools and/or practices.
- Test Equipment knowledge of Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, DMM’s, Network Analyzer, Signal Generators.
- RF Design principles and testing.
- Design familiarity to MilStd810, MilStd461, MilStd704, DO-160 with testing and troubleshooting skills. - Design for Test & Manufacturability.
- Automated test generation is a plus: LabWindows, Labview, Python, TCL, Bash, or other scripting languages, desired.
- Design and testing experience with USB 3.0, SATAIII, Gigabit Ethernet.
- Familiarity with GIT and SVN version control systems.
- Basic computer hardware knowledge, including networking.
- Experience with Linux.
ClearanceThis position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under and .
Primary Location:United States-Maryland-Severn-20356-SEV1
Job Posting:Apr 27, 2020, 9:53:13 PM
Job Classification:Full-Time Regular
7763 Old Telegraph RoadBuilding A
Capabilities:Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities