Amazon’s ROC (Relay Operations Centre) Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Graduate Transportation Lead to support both domestic and inter-country FTL (Full Truck Load) transportation movements for European geographies.
European ROC (Relay Operations Centre) plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time. The team is responsible for daily planning with the contracted carriers and ensuring that trucks/vehicles are arriving on time and up to schedule at our fulfilment centres across Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
In this role, you will manage a small team of Transport specialists in an EU wide cross-functional environment. Your key stakeholders will include the European Planning Team, FCs and the Carriers, who you will work with to ensure the day-to-day operations, are executed to plan.
An ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment where change is the only stable element. You will be making real time operational decisions to ensure the smooth running of the EU transportation network. Ideally, you should have a basic understanding of logistics and be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily and weekly planning with the carriers, ensuring the loads are covered according to the routing plan prepared by the carrier managers
- Operating the Transportation Management System (TMS) for communication with the carriers and the internal parties.
- Managing the ad-hoc additional loads, cancellation and other unexpected situations so that the European Transport Network is able to stick to it's commitment of on-time delivery against lowest possible costs.
- Reporting and analysing through tools, portals and reports; using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, TMS).
- Developing and understanding performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- Following up with the carriers to ensure they are working according the set expectations and agreements. This includes tracking of loads and reacting to issues/warnings that the systems are generating.
- Systematically escalating problems to the relevant carrier manager’s teams and following through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
- Supporting the development of the ROC Standard Operating Procedure.
- Providing real-time customer experience by working in a shift pattern operating environment (morning and afternoon shifts).
- Fluent in English, and one EU language
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with excellent academic record, with Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Excel (including Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written to present weekly findings
- Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
- Experience of or willingness to manage a small team
- Willingness to work in a shift environment which could include nights and weekends
- Work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
- Experience in transportation environment, preferable a carrier/forwarder operation.
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Salary – Competitive Package + Benefits