The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Summary:As part of an Application Development team, individual analyzes business requirements, propose a technical design, solution and hands on coding using the Java & Angular. This individual will be involved in portions of the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. The candidate handles complex problems independently and demonstrates analytical thinking. They are should be able to make judgments and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code
- Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work on bug resolution and application improvements, such as performance and maintainability
- Participate actively in discussions, presentations and decisions about front-end & server side development and application design
- Participates in Sprint Planning, Tasking and Estimation of the assigned work
- Responsible for the development of re-usable services, user interfaces, unit testing, and code reviews
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities
- 8-10+ years of hands on experience in building an enterprise scale highly componentized application using Java, Hibernate, and Spring Framework
- Recent experience with modern UI development using Angular v4, 5, 6, or 7
- Experience working with SOA & Micro-services utilizing REST, SOAP etc.
- Experience with design and implementations of cloud-ready applications and deployment pipelines on large-scale container platform clusters is a plus
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment and familiar with Jenkins, TeamCity, Code Quality Tools - SonarQube, etc.
- Proficient in industry standard best practices such as Design Patters, Coding Standards, Coding modularity, Prototypes etc.
- Experience working with Java Script framework such as Reactive Programming concepts (RxJs), Angular4.0+, TypeScript, SCSS and HTML5
- Experienced in RDBMS and SQL/PLSQL
- Unit testing frameworks - JUnit, Mockito
- Experience in debugging, tuning and optimizing UI components
- Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle for Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing application in Financial Services industry is preferred
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - CA
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.