Comau LLC is now creating a new team focused on Digital Manufacturing. For this reason we are looking for a Data Engineer, passionate for Automation, IoT technologies, sensors, robotics willing to challenge him/herself with the next generation of intelligent machines that will drive the digital revolution.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Integrate hardware/sensors and develop software to manage IoT/Industry 4.0 applications. Creates interfaces and mechanisms for the flow and access of information.
- Be able to critical analyze the data collected, applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with products
- Collaborate/coordinate the work with start-ups and other digital companies
- Direct research on emerging trends//solutions/standards in Automation and IoT/Industry 4.0
- Work in strict collaboration with universities and students.
- Other duties as required
Reports to:Head of Digital Product Management
Do you have what it takes?This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master (preferred) in Computer Science, Automation, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or related technical fields.
- Experience in programming in one or more of these languages: Java, C, C++, C#, Python
- Experience in hardware software co-design — and strong interest in developing software stacks, tools, programming models and APIs for new hardware.
- Best practices of code development: testing, reviews and design documentation.
- 2 years of work experience in similar field.
- Knowledge of PLC programming
- Experience in full-stack web application frameworks.
- Robotics and Industrial Automation knowledge/experience.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, such as Matlab, Tensorflow, is highly desirable .
- Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems.
- Contributing to open source projects.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) a plus.
- Knowledge on databases, Big Data and Cloud concepts and tools (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Impala, Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL).
Let’s Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let’s Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let’s Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.