FCA US LLC College Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work in a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization. As a leading-edge company, we can provide real world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while providing a competitive salary.
Interns are assigned to an organization department based on the candidate’s background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the department and will allow you to take responsibility for major tasks. Interns experience a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution and experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. You will gain the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from your recent academic courses. You will also enhance your computer skills and learn new systems and software.
Each Intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or offered full-time positions in our various new hire programs. Summer internships are primarily located at the FCA US Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, other facilities in the Detroit Metropolitan area, and Business Centers located throughout the United States. Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. During the internship, you will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed specifically to enhance your knowledge of FCA, our brands, and the metro Detroit area.
Interns will be able to experience being a part of one of our Marketing areas in Auburn Hills, Michigan:
- Support the integrated creative and content development process with our external agencies and cross-functional marketing partners on one or more FCA brands.
- Help to implement the Advertising go-to-market roadmap, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work with Advertising managers and agency partners.
- Projects could include, but are not limited to: Creative campaign development and production, Competitive monitoring, Advertising effectiveness reviews and budget management.
FCA Product Placement:
- Review all product placement opportunities for film, TV, streaming and music videos for all FCA brands.
- Coordinate vehicle logistics for film, TV, streaming and music video placements.
- Update and maintain music video bundle tracker, fleet tracker and product placement brand tracker.
- Automotive competitive analysis of film, TV, music video and streaming placements.
Alfa Romeo and Dodge Media Management:
- Develop, execute and optimize media spend and demand strategy at the brand and nameplate levels, including search, segment sponsorships, retention, display, programmatic, third party sites, lifestyle campaigns, mobile vs desktop and behavioral targeting.
- Identify, track and report weekly, monthly, quarterly on media KPIs and other measurement criteria requested by the Alfa Romeo and Dodge brand.
- Develop and execute digital media plans across all of the FCA brands.
- Work with media agencies for efficient and effective optimizations to the digital media plans.
- Work closely with third party auto shopping sites on new media programs and optimizing creative messaging.
- Learn search, paid social and programmatic media buying.
- Build and execute custom digital content with media partners.
Online Retailing Experience (ORE)
- Background: Research indicates that 83% of shoppers want to start their car buying online (not in dealership). FCA recently launched an Online Retailing Experience on Alfa Romeo.
- Spans across tiers, analytics, brands and leads.
- Responsible for analyzing the consumer journey from the Tier 1 brand site – to the Online Retailing Experience – to the Dealer site.
- Providing recommendations for optimization across all tiers, as well as beginning a project plan for implementation across all brands.
- Completion of sophomore year of college at an accredited university by summer of 2020
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree majoring in Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- Strong interest in automotive industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Computer proficient (including spreadsheet, word processing and database applications)
- Proven ability to demonstrate solid judgment and flexibility; thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Strong organizational skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)