Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
SummaryPosted: 16 Sep 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200096301
Opportunity is tapping you on the shoulder. We’re looking for software engineers passionate about audio, haptics, and multimedia to help prototype new features, improve the ease of haptics content creation, and advance the expressiveness of Apple’s haptics technologies, such as the recently announced Core Haptics API. This internship position (4 months or longer term preferred) could involve app development, tools and infrastructure, system software or audio/haptics processing algorithms — depending on your background and interests. If you’re looking for impact, innovation, and growth, let’s get in touch.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Develop high quality, concurrent C++ or Swift code for use in frameworks and apps. You’ll need to be well-versed in digital audio fundamentals (sampling, filtering, compression, media file formats, etc.).
- Can demonstrate that you’ve previously come up to speed with complex SDK frameworks (can be on any platform/language).
- Nice to have: Experience writing or integrating with sound or video editors, multimedia authoring tools, audio engines, game engines (Unity, Unreal, SceneKit), or general signal processing code.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills. These will be essential in collaborations with colleagues from different cross-functional backgrounds, such as haptics hardware engineers, firmware engineers, and interface designers.
- You’re able to utilize UNIX-based scripting and command line tools throughout your work.
You’ll be situated within the Interactive Media Group (IMG), which provides the audio, media and graphics foundation across all of Apple’s professional and consumer products. The Interactive Haptics team inside IMG provides developer APIs and tools supporting sound and haptic interactions across all our products, and has helped usher in widespread industry use of haptics, with the Taptic Engine in the iPhone and Apple Watch.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
Working towards a Bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D in a technical field, such as CS, EE, Music Technology. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements