Come join our Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) NAFTA Legal Team where we are committed to partnering with our internal clients, and external counsel to effectively manage complex and high volume litigation. Be a part of a team filled with collaborative, resourceful and determined lawyers who play a vital role in our warranty and product litigation activities. This position is primarily responsible for managing automotive warranty and product liability matters nationwide in coordination with outside counsel. Successful candidates are those who thrive in a fast-paced environment, deliver as a way of life and are inspired to make a positive impact. We offer a team-oriented environment where lawyers have the chance to grow and develop their legal skills. Job Responsibilities include: Managing a high volume case load (including strategy development, investigation, witness preparation, hearing and trial preparation). Interact with internal subject matter experts (e.g., Customer Care, Engineering, Vehicle Safety & Regulatory Compliance, etc.) to obtain all background information, and relevant facts and data. Oversee and work with national discovery and trial counsel to efficiently resolve litigation.
- A Juris Doctor degree with a strong academic background
- Admitted to practice law in Michigan or able to gain admission
- A minimum of 5 years’ litigation experience
- Solid understanding and experience in one or more of the following: breach of warranty, lemon law and automotive product liability matters
- Undergraduate degree or experience in engineering or technical field or interest in automobile mechanics
- The ideal candidate will possess the ability to handle a high volume of cases while also having
- the ability to demonstrate leadership to develop strategies to manage litigation using creative, and cost-effective strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to critical deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of inclusion and teamwork