FCA US LLC College Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work in a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization.
As a leading edge company, we are able to provide real world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while providing a competitive salary.
Interns are assigned to an organization department based on the candidate’s background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the department and allow the intern to take responsibility for a major task. Interns experience a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution and experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. They gain the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses. They also enhance their computer skills and learn new systems and software.
Each intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or to interview for full-time positions. Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. During the internship, interns will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed especially to enhance their knowledge of FCA and our products.
Manufacturing Interns are assigned to our manufacturing facilities located throughout Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Manufacturing Intern assignments focus on World Class Manufacturing processes, products and services in the following areas:
- Assembly operations
- Engine and transmission manufacturing
- Health and safety
- Manufacturing planning and control
- Manufacturing engineering
- Material logistics management
- Stamping Operations
- Completion of sophomore year of college at an accredited university by summer of 2020
- Working towards a Bachelor degree or higher degree in a manufacturing related program
- Willing to work in a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership characteristics
- Strong interest in manufacturing and manufacturing operations in the automotive industry
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Previous internship with an automotive manufacturer
- Demonstrated knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing processes
- Computer proficient (including spreadsheet, word processing and database applications)