Req ID 86849
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
Amadeus Airport IT Americas, Inc. is an air transport information technology solutions firm based in Orlando, Florida. Our comprehensive portfolio of solutions enable airports and airlines to better utilize and manage resources, enhance the passenger experience, reduce costs, and optimize revenue generation.
Our operational, passenger processing, intelligent display, and revenue management platforms deliver enterprise-class business intelligence solutions and are the most innovative in the air transport marketplace.
Amadeus Airport IT Americas, Inc. solutions are operational in 30 of the top 50 airports in North America, and as a testament to their scalability, these solutions are at home in another 100 airports and at 60 airlines worldwide.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and experienced individual to fill a full time role as a Solution Design Engineer - PPS at our Orlando, FL location.
Summary:This position is responsible for collecting requirements and scoping the functional design of application software. The Solution Design Engineer will build business cases and establish proposal pricing with the Sales team. In addition, the position will coordinate/provide implementation solution documents, user training, and QA testing. This role requires working regularly with other departments in order to coordinate these activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following
- Participates in the functional design, testing, configuration, and documenting software, may require travel to installation destination.
- Evaluates new hardware for future deployments and collaborates with vendor management to establish hardware standards
- Assumes the role of gathering requirements for software to be developed
- Performs GAP analysis of software for new projects
- Consults and analyzes the business/operation objectives of the customers and develops solution design documents to their business issues
- Participates in proposal process and supports sales by providing software and hardware cost estimates
- Responsible for providing training of application software.
- Works with R&D to support the development process.
- Supports the sale department with technical information and provides product demos for prospective and existing customers
- Ability to analyze the entire airport operation including data, goals, process and organization.
- Evaluates information harvested through surveys and workshops, task analysis, and business process description
- Has strong technical skills, business intelligence, and a full understanding of the needs of the customers
- Able to effectively communicate with external clients and internal teams to deliver applications, interfaces and system designs according to the contractual agreements
- Ability to be the interface between technology teams, support teams and business units
- Ensures that the recommended solution is both commercial and competitive
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
- Four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience as either a System Engineer, QA Tester, or IT Technician.
- 2-4 years previous experience in IT architechture, infrastructure, and cloud development.
- Previous engineering and software architechture design experience.
- Specific knowledge of airport baggage systems, kiosks, or self-boarding devices preferred.
- May require travel to installation location.
- Strong communication skills as this position will interact with internal employees and external customers.
- Up to 35% travel required to North and South America regions