Req ID 87715
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Purpose of the roleThe Airlines Data Unit is an area of the Airlines Customer Unit specializing in analytics and Data Science for Airlines. The aim of this unit is to provide Data Science Services to internal and external Amadeus Airline customers enabling the use of the power of analytics to unlock business values.
The main purpose of this role is to support Amadeus Airlines external and internal customers in terms of Data Engineering. As a Data Engineer, you will develop and deploy Big Data solutions on Amadeus’ Data Science and Conulting Platform, combining Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera Impala, writing code in Scala, Python, and transforming a bulk of messy data into knowledge that can be consumed via the web.
Main responsibilities1. Combine Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera Impala or similar for transforming raw data into actionable data and develop libraries for data preparation
- Write code and tests in Scala, Spark, Python
- Design data pipelines
- Automate data processes
- Work closely with data scientists and DevOps engineers in order to create and industrialize advanced analytics solutions
2. Provide data engineering support for internal & external data needs for products, sales, and consulting missions
- Assist in client interviews and meetings for internal & external data science missions
- Communicate and translate data pipeline decisions & their implications to business stakeholders
- Collect and manage large data sets
3. Formulate the customer and business problems into data problems
- Provide guidance to employees, colleagues and customers
- Maintain technical, functional, business and commercial awareness
- Participate in hiring priocess (interviews and candidate screening) for new team members
- Education: Engineering degree, M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, computer science and applications, modeling, statistics, analytics and math.
- Work experience: 2-3 years working as a Software Engineer, Big Data developer or similar role.
- Business understanding:
- Deep experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (e.g Hadoop).
- Knowledge of statistics, Machine Learning algorithms and data modelling.
- Understanding of the travel and airline industry and relevant data feeds (Reservation, Inventory, Ticketing, Departure Control System, Referential Data, etc) would be an advantage
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.