Req ID 88460
- Country (1) - Location / Office (1) -
If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Amadeus is changing how the world travels. We're a team of 16,000 professionals and 146 nationalities, working together to transform travel. Our technology powers new ways to make travel simpler, more connected and accessible.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Great, then join us to help millions of people across the globe travel better! #LifeAtAmadeus #AmadeusCareers
The legal department is looking to recruit an outstanding lawyer to join a team of lawyers supporting the IT business. Reporting into the Head of Airline IT in Legal, you will provide legal and contractual support to the airline IT business including:
- Taking overall responsibility for wide and varied range of issues relating to airline IT accounts for a given region, including one or more complex/ strategic accounts
- Negotiating and drafting all forms of complex agreements relating to the airline IT business, involving all forms of software, services (including outsourcing arrangements), supplier, vendor, consultancy, technology licensing and development agreements, and providing key support on some litigation matters, data protection and regulatory issues.
- Responsible for the effective negotiation and timely completion of contracts and where required, assisting business stakeholders with ongoing contract management across the full range of technology activities relating to the business;
- Working closely with the airline IT business to deliver effective support and advice, formulation and coordination of positions across different departments, upward reporting and escalation of issues
- Assisting in advising top management on legal risks related to company strategy, both from a deal perspective and generally, such as preparation and reporting on high level risks of large deals
- Liaising with external counsel and procuring input and advice
- Preparing/ maintaining template documentation and negotiation guidelines, and providing training to the airline IT business
- Updating know-how sharing documentation and capturing and sharing lessons learned and know-how
- Providing training to other members of the legal department on areas of expertise and mentoring/ supervising more junior members of the team.
You will be an accomplished generalist and commercial lawyer, or a lawyer with vendor and supplier management experience. You will adopt a pro-active and practical approach to your work, adding value by creating strategic solutions to key legal issues. You will be a team player, with the poise and expertise to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the company and to instruct and manage external counsel.
The successful candidate will have a Legal Qualification to practice as a lawyer and at least 8 years relevant work post-qualification experience in private practice or in the legal department of an international company. You will be fluent in English and preferably in French and/ or Spanish and confident in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Specific experience in IT/outsourcing agreements, as well as knowledge of data privacy issues.
- High quality training in a common-law jurisdiction and solid experience in technology contracts
- Senior involvement in bid teams, contract negotiation and post contract delivery highly desirable.
- Strong commercial outlook and great client care skills
- Must have a strategic as well as legal approach to the law and like working in a fast paced, competitive environment.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.