Company OverviewTell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Department OverviewTD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada’s largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the ‘accidents of life’ with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.
Job DescriptionReporting to a Team Leader, Claims Services, the Residential Field Analyst is responsible for the handling of residential field claims requiring on-site inspections; scoping of damages, assigning appropriate contractor or supplier as required; meeting with the insured to provide guidance to facilitate claim settlement.
- Manages and settles residential field claim files in accordance with operational standards.
- Provides personal client service while settling claims with the insured.
- Completes estimates, and negotiates with contractor(s) on residential repairs.
- Controls expenditures on all claim settlements.
- Assists internal and external colleagues during busy periods as required.
- You have a Thorough knowledge and understanding of the home insurance policy coverage.
- You have a thorough knowledge of residential construction procedures and restoration practices.
- You have strong client service orientation.
- You demonstrate superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have sound problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You have effective negotiation skills.
- You have the ability to exercise good judgement in the settlement of claims.
- You have excellent organization and time management skills.
- You have solid computer skills.
- You have a sound knowledge and experience in handling structural claims
- You are familiar with the Xactimate and Xactanalysis estimating systems
- You must have a clear Drivers Abstract
- College/University degree would be an asset.
- Completion of CIP, and/or related courses an asset