FCA is seeking a MIL (Model in the Loop) Software Modeling/Simulation Engineer for the Electrical Engineering group in Product Development. The MIL Software Modeling/Simulation Engineer engages in two related MIL activities.
The first activity is Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) which is a top-down function/feature centric approach in which SysML (or UML) is generated and analyzed at the function/feature level. This top-down approach uses models to “engineer” and communicate requirements. This approach is necessary to enact true MBSE which requires corporate methodologies for model based functional design and interdepartmental communication via models. The MBSE effort is aimed at the architecture independent domain.
The second activity is Model Based Requirement Analysis (MBRA). The MBSE effort above is synergized with architecture dependent modeling activities (i.e. bottom-up MBRA). These efforts allow FCA to provide corporate focus on the “left side of development V”. This MBRA effort involves analyzing textual and graphical requirements in order to create quality full function feature simulations (MATLAB), including automated tests, requirement feedback, and software integration models to the appropriate stakeholders.
The Software Modeling/Simulation Engineer is responsible for working both independently and in teams. Duties include developing software models; writing and executing automated tests for individual software features based on functional requirement specifications provided; establishing and maintaining traceability to requirements in feature simulation designs as well as to developed tests; identifying, analyzing and providing feedback on requirements, software and tool issues; updating and managing software changes in existing simulations; presenting periodic team progress reports to management; delivering on time per established schedules. The Engineer will work in a collaborative work environment with local and global team members that include other software engineers, system engineers, validation engineers, and release engineers.
Product Design and Engineering careers at FCA US offer the chance to drive innovation and embrace bold new challenges as a member of the team responsible for revolutionizing the automotive industry. Today, we’re on a new road, with defined goals and renewed energy. You’ll see it in our attention to quality and performance, and in the groundbreaking designs and technologies that create an unparalleled driving experience for our customers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in Model Based Systems Engineering Domain
- Candidate must have detailed knowledge and experience in developing a variety of SysML/UML models (Rhapsody)
- Proficiency in C/C++/CAPL programming, MATLAB/Simulink, DOORs, vehicle diagnostics, CANoe/CANalyzer network analysis tools
- Should have experience in requirements modeling as well as static and dynamic testing of the requirement’s
- Demonstrated software simulation tools training/experience
- Demonstrated automated test development experience
- Demonstrated requirements management/analysis tools experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated issue reporting and issue tracking experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) certification
- 5 years of industry experience in software model development, including software design, programming and testing
- Leadership training/skills
- MS Excel/VBA skills
- CMMi/ASPICE training/experience
- Orthogonal array test experience
- Root cause analysis with Model-in-the-Loop (MIL), Software-in-the-loop (SIL) and/or vehicle level experience
- Quality tools experience (Kepner-Tregoe/Shanin)
- Self-starter and motivated to produce results