Description:Provides nursing care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse, utilizes observational skills to assess nursing intervention & assists medical staff to insure optimal patient care w/in established policies, procedures & standards.
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, & co-workers; shows courtesy, compassion, & respect; conforms to the critical srv standards established for the Dept & the medical group.
- Provides therapeutic patient care in accordance w/the patients established by the physician & a registered nurse w/in scope of practice.
- Transcribes physician's orders as directed by policy.
- Communicates directly w/registered nurse to institute changes in plan of care; assists w/& contributes to development of nursing care.
- Give specified medication orally, hypodermically, intramuscularly & topically.
- Executes treatments such as urinary catheterizations, bladder irrigations & installations, suctioning procedures, throat irrigations & enemas & utilizing equipment as required.
- Performs related patient care functions such as taking temperature, pulse, respiration & blood pressure readings; applying & removing dressings; may instruct patient in various self-administered treatments or procedures; obtains specimens; assures correct culture collection.
- Assists physician or other medical staff personnel w/examinations & treatments by selecting & passing instruments, providing support & restraint to patient, draping & other assistance as directed or required.
- W/in scope, evaluates patient's condition by observing signs, symptoms, & reactions to therapy, to identify unexpected &/or significant findings, initiates appropriate emergency procedures as necessary & reports unusual conditions to the registered nurse as established by policy & procedure in a timely manner; maintains intravenous flow rate, notifies R.N. of any problems & discontinues needles, except intra-cath & CVP lines.
- Identifies learning barriers.
- Documents patient signs, symptoms, observations & therapeutic treatments to patient's medical record.
- Ensures cleanliness of nursing module, patient room, & environment & proper functioning of patient care equipment by visual inspection, routine testing, & other related methods.
- Provides a safe & therapeutic environment for patients & staff.
- Utilizes effective verbal & non-verbal forms of communication.
- Performs in other areas or units to which assigned as required by nursing administration to provide & maintain the established standards of care & safety.
- Participates in staff meetings & in-srv programs.
- Assists in ordering & distribution of module supplies & equipment.
- Accepts verbal & telephone orders from physician.
- Administers pulse oximetry, humidification therapy, spirometer, oxygen therapy via mask or nasal cannula, oral, nasal & trach suctioning & sputum induction.
- Promotes, ensures, & improves customer srv to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent w/the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations & quality srv.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Age Related Competencies: Skills assessments & validations are utilized to ensure that employees providing patient care to specific age groups (i.e. infants, adolescents, elderly, etc.) are proficient in identifying the special needs & behaviors associated w/a particular patient population.
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed.
Internal Bidding Period: 05/21/2019 to 05/27/2019
- Six (6) months of recent medical office or acute care LVN experience.
- Then if unable to fill: Current LVN license, BCLS Certification and successful completion of internal Kaiser New Graduate LVN program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current LVN License.
- BCLS certification.
- Extraordinary customer relations and quality service are critical to our success.
- We seek candidates who can demonstrate these skills and are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our health plan members.
Primary Location: California,Colton,Colton Medical Offices 789 Cooley Dr.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 20Shift: VariableWorkdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorking Hours Start: VariesWorking Hours End: VariesJob Schedule: Call-in/On-CallJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: USWA - Local 7600Job Level: Individual ContributorJob Category: Nursing LicensedDepartment: Primary CareTravel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.