Job Description - Transport Engineer (BI 000630)
Transport Engineer-(BI 000630)
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
Our growing Jacobs Transport Consultancy has developed an enviable reputation in Ireland.
We work extensively with high-profile clients throughout Ireland and the UK, including the National Transport Authority (NTA), Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) and Local Authorities throughout Ireland. Some of our recent nationally and regionally significant project wins include:
- Dublin MetroLink;
- BusConnects Engineering Design (3 routes)
- Transport Modelling Framework Services for the NTA;
- Transport Technical Advisory Services for the NTA;
- The Cork Metropolitan Area Transport Strategy 2040;
- Limerick-Shannon Metropolitan Area Transport Strategy 2040;
- Cork City Docks and Tivoli Docks Area-Based Transport Assessment;
- Dunkettle Interchange Upgrade;
- N2 Ardee to Castleblaney.
We also provide an extensive range of transport planning services to renowned multi-national companies in the Information Technology and Life Science sectors.
We have an opportunity for an ambitious Senior/Principal Transport Engineers with extensive experience to complement our current team located in both Dublin and Cork. You will become an integral part of a respected and ambitious team, and the role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Jacobs in Ireland and the UK.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts
Primary Job ResponsibilitiesAs a Traffic Engineer you will be involved in delivering a wide range of transportation projects for various high-profile clients across Ireland and the UK. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Occasional travel within Ireland, to the UK and/or overseas, may be required.
- Degree qualifications – Level 8 or equivalent in a relevant transportation planning/ engineering discipline.
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Experience in road/highway engineering in an Urban Environment with special reference to cycling, walking and public transport provision.
- Application and use of the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets (DMURS), the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manuals, Cycle Design Guidelines Manual, Traffic Management Guidelines Manual and Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB).
- Experience in the areas of Project Appraisal / Business Case / Transport Assessments.
- Ability to work both as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Numerate with excellent data analysis skills. Competency in data analysis packages, such as Excel/Access.
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and technical reports.
- Have achieved or be working towards Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional e.g. Engineers Ireland, CIHT, TPP, CEng.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant Transport discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of GIS software e.g. MapInfo.
- Experience of project and client management, covering programme, resources, finance and quality control.
- Technical aptitude and experience in design and modelling software packages (e.g. CAD, ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig, or TRANSYT.
- Experience of macroscopic transport modelling software e.g. SATURN, CUBE etc.
- Track record of successfully mentoring and developing junior colleagues and sharing technical knowledge.
This role is only considering applications with valid and current rights to work in the European Union. Jacobs will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At Jacobs we have celebrated over 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all
Primary Location:Ireland-Ireland Countrywide-Dublin
Other Locations:Ireland-Ireland Countrywide-Cork
Job Posting:Jul 17, 2019, 2:31:05 PM