The Powertrain Embedded Resource Management Engineer will work in a team focused on ensuring FCA Powertrain Embedded Control systems are implemented with highly effective and efficient use of controller resources. This team works across all FCA Powertrain controller platforms and programs, closely collaborating with product development teams to strategize, forecast, and plan Electronic Control Unit (ECU) resource usage, monitor and analyze platforms, resolve problems, and drive effective optimization and proactive approaches to deliver intended corporate performance.
The Embedded System Resource Management Engineer will analyze ECU resource utilization, develop forecasts and projections based on product planning and content development, strategize implementation approaches to deliver optimized performance, collaborate with development teams to effect necessary approaches and refinement, help establish and manage resource budgets, and report out to all levels to drive transparency and visibility. This engineer will work in an Agile team and organization, and also focus on the development of processes and methods associated with highly effective ECU resource management to ensure institutional practices are established.
This engineer will work with Model-Based-Development, AUTOSAR and non-AUTOSAR software platforms, software engineering life-cycles, Multi-core implementations and applications, instrumentation methods and tool technologies, analytical methods to root-cause challenges and develop solutions, test methodologies to assess ECU resource metrics, and other relevant aspects. Inherent to performing this role well is the strong interaction, engagement, and collaboration with many other teams and functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited University
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in software engineering
- Experience in MATLAB, Simulink and State flow modeling
- Experience in scripting languages (such as MATLAB scripting and Python)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree
- Experience with Model-Based-Design (MBD)
- Embedded systems software experience
- Experience in MBD with production code generation
- Experience with automotive embedded system technology (e.g. microcontrollers, instrumentation, implementation)
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR