WHO WE ARE
Since 1930, COWI has pushed the boundaries of design through our involvement on major infrastructure projects worldwide. We are 7,300 people globally, of which approximately 1,300 are employed within the Bridge, Tunnel and Marine Structures (BTM) business line.
In North America, our civil, structural and geotechnical engineering specialists work on some of the world's most prestigious and challenging projects. We continue to push the boundaries of what is technically possible, from designing the world’s deepest and longest subsea tunnel, engineering the world's longest lateral bridge slide, to creating marine resiliency for our waterfront communities.
We are seeking a Marine Engineer to join our team in Bridgeport, CT.
The Marine Engineer provides high-level technical support to various marine and waterfront projects. This individual also prepares construction documents, executes marine structural duties and interfaces with specialists in other disciplines such as geotechnical, coastal engineering and materials' handling.
- Performs tasks on projects requiring a broad and/or deep knowledge in the field of structural, engineering and marine infrastructure;
- Performs tasks in the field of structural analysis and design; including but not limited to reinforced and pre-stressed concrete design, steel design and timber design;
- Implements design best practices in areas of expertise, in addition, ensures conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements;
- Prepares and reviews calculations for analysis;
- Prepares all standard documents, such as technical specifications;
- Prepares construction documents;
- Performs/oversees construction administration activities;
- Provides leadership and guidance to junior engineers;
- Works collaboratively with members of all company disciplines;
- Performs site inspections; and,
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- B.Sc. or higher in Engineering (i.e. Civil, Coastal, etc.);
- 3 - 8 years previous related project-based engineering with an emphasis on waterfront and coastal design, construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation;
- Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain;
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to continuously stand or walk, bend, squat, climb stairs/ladders and lift frequently;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as needed;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel (fieldwork required);
- Experience on various sized motor vessels down to 10 ft in length;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Excellent relationship building skills.
COWI AS A WORKPLACEAt COWI, you can look forward to a challenging role that will push you outside of your comfort zone and elevate your career to new heights. Our staff come from a multitude of backgrounds; their bridge, marine and tunneling expertise spans the globe.
At COWI, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with high-caliber professionals and learn from the best. Besides an extraordinary collection of talented colleagues, you will also have the chance to be involved in some very high-profile work on world-renowned international projects that will test your skills and abilities as a professional.
COWI is proud to reward top talent; the benefits of working for COWI include extensive opportunities for growth and development, health benefits, 401k or RRSP with up to 5% match, competitive compensation and various other perks.
INTERESTED?Applying could not be easier, please click the link and follow the simple steps to upload your resume and commence what could be the most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.