Taipei, Taipei City, Taiwan
- Job number 644014
- Date posted Jun 17, 2019
- Travel None
- Profession Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
The Support Engineer is a trusted advisor to IT Professionals. You will have a chance to work with some of the world’s largest companies, as well as smaller companies on the leading edge of their industry. You will solve high level complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; may include support of additional product line. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill.
You will represent Microsoft in customer communication via phone, email, chat or on site to assist customers in resolving technical issues involving Microsoft products and services. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships and build customer loyalty in Microsoft, while effectively managing challenging situations.
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
- Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues
- Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code.
- Stay up to date on the leading technologies and technical certifications. Contribute to product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
- Development and delivery of training in person or remote to share knowledge with other engineers. Mentoring of new engineers;
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of regional team of engineers;
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, create a positive relationship with customers and peers to achieve Win-Win outcomes. Work with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service in politically charged environments, overall communication and technical writing skills.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
QualificationsPrimary responsibilities and knowledge requirements include a thorough understanding of one or more of the following products/technologies:
- SQL Server
- Azure Database
- Heterogeneous Database Management Systems like Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Big Data and Machine Learning knowledge
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), MCSA: SQL Server are strongly preferred, but not required at hire. Related field (or equivalent) experience will be considered.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.