The FCA Paint Operations group has several open positions for automotive industry paint professionals. Paint Operations is responsible for coordinating and guiding new topcoat (basecoat and clear coat) material development to assure process capability and following the introduction of any new materials into the plant. Paint Operations personnel will support new processes and methods to improve efficiencies (cost, FTC, appearance, etc.) as well as support paint material process development for new model vehicles and paint facility upgrades. Operations provides technical support to plants on topcoat material/process issues and supports the development of new measurement devices (film build, appearance, color etc.) including affiliated test procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical degree
- 3+ years of automotive/manufacturing paint or coatings experience
- Understanding of the automotive paint process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and the ability to work directly with outside suppliers
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering