Thesis BackgroundHigh integration level is required in new and advance electronics. This makes understanding and extracting the netlist of modern circuit in Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) and Integrated Circuits (IC) is very difficult. With the help of new curious future engineers, Ericsson in Lund wants to explore some methods to extract netlist efficiently from multi-layer PCB or IC by using algorithm and machine learning techniques!
Thesis GoalsWe are now looking for students eager to build and transfer technology competence to ensure technology leadership and profitable business for Ericsson by:
- Studying, design and evaluate a tool that can extract electronic circuit netlist from a given multi-layer PCB or Integrated Circuit. Compare with other similar tools available and getting more knowledge on image processing and enhancement from ordinary and x-ray images of Devices under Test (DUT), to improved accuracy
- Developing novel concepts, solutions and algorithms
- Introducing the solutions into product development
- Presenting concept demonstrations and publications
- Extract netlist
- Show the netlist in different layout image
- Make a re-usable program scalable to any electronics to generate netlist
- Pre-study, literature review, document and communicate research studies, measurements or computer simulations.
- Create new technical solutions and protect them with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Develop Research strategies
- Develop evaluation tools, demonstrators or test beds
- Write and submit the thesis
- Present to the large internal and external audience
- Final year MSc Students in Computer science, Electronics Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics
- Experienced with Matlab or Python with machine learning or deep learning, some understand with image processing and Electronics circuit and PCB/IC design techniques
- Skilled in mathematics/Algorithm and SW development skills is desirable
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Ability to read research articles (journal, conferences) and can evaluate the result
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Creativity and ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and suggest new ways of working to produce research results in a more efficient way
- Comfortable working with People and presenting & communicating towards an audience
- Actively participated in conferences
- Contributed in writing academic articles
- Completed Courses in Machine Learning or Deep Learning
ApplicationPlease compile your personal letter, CV and university transcripts in to one PDF document
Please submit your application in English as soon as possible - we are working continuously with candidate selection
The work is proposed for 2 students for a duration of 6 months for a total of 30 Hp each
Recruiter: Richard Tjong firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring Manager: Lars Peter Künkel (Director Technology & Operational Support) Raiham Rafique (IPR Commercialization Manager)
Location: Ericsson in Lund, Sweden
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film!
What´s in it for you?Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Lund || R&D