Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
We have an excellent opportunity in our Home Warranty Insurance Claims department. This role is open to candidates in Vancouver, Edmonton, or Calgary. In this role you will learn about Home Warranty and the claims process, and manage claims submitted by homeowners under policies of home warranty insurance. You will handle your own set of claims to resolution as well as support the team in the prompt and efficient processing of warranty claims in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures.
As a claims adjuster, you are passionate about helping the team, and demonstrate the motivation to provide premier service. You keep the end customers experience at front of mind and in line with our corporate strategy. You are keen to learn from those around you and develop in your career.
Do you thrive in a high performing environment? We are looking for you to build on the ongoing positive, professional and dynamic Home Warranty team environment through collaboration and the sharing of ideas.
What you’ll do
- Your knowledge and good judgment will contribute to the adjustment of claims through the verification of policy coverage by assessing the presence of construction defects and liability for the same. Working with Developers/Builders and Homeowners you will ensure appropriate resolution of a claim within the terms of the policy while satisfying all other partners including provincial regulators.
- Maintenance of claim records, including observations, documentation, communications, decisions made, financial expenditures, and setting and maintaining adequate reserves.
- A commitment to ensure the best experience for our customers, including timely claims decisions, prompt payments to professionals and third party contractors, the identification of possible recovery/subrogation opportunities and timely and accurate closing of claim files.
- Cultivate and maintain open communication with Underwriting and Technical Services to ensure proper risk management during the handling of claims and to improve future service for the end customer and client (Homeowners and Builder/Developers).
What you’ll bring
- 2 years’ experience in a customer service role.
- Experience in the general insurance industry, particularly in the surety and/or warranty claims fields preferred.
- Practical experience within the development and/or residential construction industries is considered a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including MS Word and Excel is required.
- Knowledge of Xact-Analysis and other web-based databases would be beneficial
- Excellent customer service delivery
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Strong investigation and negotiations skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, including oral and written communication.
What you’ll get
- Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
- Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
- We’ll support your professional development education.
Additional Information: Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.