About UsGKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Quality Assurance leaders are accountable for assessing GKN sites to determine compliance, robustness of systems and effectiveness at meeting the Quality Expectations (customer, regulatory and GKN requirements). Pulling on their significant experience to identify gaps and frailties and act as a coach to the sites to share knowledge on how to improve. Identifying and sharing best practices to increase GKN Aerospace performance.
- Lead the assessment of GKN sites to determine compliance to requirements, robustness of their systems and if Quality Expectations are being met and enable the delivery of the Quality improvement objectives
- Support the development of the global Quality vision for Quality by providing technical direction on what world class performance looks like, collaboratively work with the global and business line Quality leaders to collaboratively define methods and processes
- Share the vision for Quality in an engaging way and use influencing and communication skills to deliver change through the organization to achieve the Quality improvement goals
- Provide executive reports based on the complex analysis of the assessments that clearly articulate the gaps and frailties and share insights and best practices on how to improve
- Review and monitor the corrective actions plans to ensure they are adequate and progress in a timely manner
- Holistically analyse the results of the site assessments, identifying trends, systemic weaknesses and best practices to share
- Develop and recommend improvement strategies and approaches
- Act as coaches to COO’s and site leaders to strengthen the Quality understanding and ownership, to reduce risk and improve performance, through the sharing of expert knowledge and assessment of the systems
- Complete complex analysis of the systems, tools and processes as well as competence of personnel to assess and draw conclusions on compliance and risk using expert knowledge
- Extensive expert knowledge of Aerospace Quality requirements and effective implementation of Quality Systems, including customer flow down, industry standards and regulatory requirements for aerospace manufacturing
- Ability to rapidly assess performance, culture and systems at the site level in complex organizations in all areas of the business
- Executive presence to present findings and articulate gaps in a clear and constructive manner, overcoming resistance
- Extensive experience of risk assessment and ability to quantify consequences to prioritize actions
- Strong leadership capabilities including influencing and persuading, managing conflict and ability to articulate what good looks like in an engaging way
- Ability to hold others accountable for delivering improvement plans
- Strong root cause corrective action skills, including the facilitation, coaching of teams and reviewing outputs
- Ability to complete complex analysis on the breadth of processes within the organization, utilising a broad source of inputs and data sources in the analysis
- Experience of leading large, complex quality organizations
- Extensive experience of quality auditing
- Extensive regional travel is expected
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.