Solution Area Specialist App InnovationStockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
- Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
Save save Solution Area Specialist App Innovation to job cart
- Job number 1104412
- Date posted Jul 23, 2021
- Travel 25-50 %
- Profession Sales
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
Microsoft is uniquely positioned to win “App Innovation” workloads to help with customer’s Digital Transformation journey. Microsoft apps portfolio spans Azure App Platform, PowerApps, GitHub/DevOps and Visual Studio. Azure App Platform is one of the fastest growing businesses inside the Azure platform and with tighter integrations with developer tools. Microsoft is hiring Specialist sellers for Application Innovation to deliver on Microsoft’s aspirations and sales goals in this dynamic and fast-growing enterprise market.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit:
ResponsibilitiesAs an App Innovation Specialist, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers selling entire Microsoft Apps portfolio. You will lead orchestrating a virtual team of Cloud Solution Architects, partners and other resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed sales and usage/consumption targets for Application Innovation related workloads in your assigned accounts. You will be a trusted advisor and a cloud application development subject matter expert.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:Create “buy-in” vision with the Apps Decision Makers
- Take active role in defining and influencing the customer’s business challenges and opportunities.
- Understand the financial, qualitative and competitive drivers impacting customer business.
- Create “buy-in” vision and gain sponsorship by generating excitement around Microsoft solutions value.
Map out customer’s current and desired state and expectations
- Identify customer’s digital transformation needs, business drivers, their perspective, and concerns.
- Collaborate effectively with the customers to outline their business problems, opportunities.
- Establish and understand the buying decision criteria and timeline to make decision regarding the solution.
- Establish credibility and trust by demonstrating that Microsoft solutions not only solve customer business problems but also the value they realized.
Lead the solution design by assembling and orchestrating Sales & technical resources.
- Proficient in delivering Microsoft Apps vision, strategy, value to C-level and Apps Decision Makers
- Orchestrate the technical experts to create the solution, validate it via Proof of Concept, and showcase how it meets customer business and technology requirements.
- Able to handle customer objections and competitive differentiation.
Substantiate the value of the solution (commercial discussion)
- Building business cases with TCO analysis and negotiate a deal that’s based on value by leveraging various MS offers and programs.
- Secure customer commitment for the business proposal.
Drive Sales Excellence
- Drive the App Innovation business to overachieve revenue, consumption and scorecard targets.
- Maintain excellence in pipeline management, accuracy of sales forecast, and deal close plans.
Lead with subject matter expertise and be the Voice of the customer.
- Influence the Microsoft Application Innovation go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on product requirements and sales blockers.
- Stay sharp, attaining and maintaining required certifications. We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
- Experienced. Experience 10 Years selling cloud services or application development services to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on cloud application development required
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, services/partner engagement, opportunity management and pipeline management required
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to LOB decision makers, technical decision makers & enterprise solution architects by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria preferred
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies, specifically solutions related to cloud native apps – containers & serverless, microservices, developers tools and DevOps, low code, migration to cloud required
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management. Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: required
- Scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. AKS, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift etc.), microservice frameworks etc.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub) required
- Understanding of Data & AI technologies in context of app development (e.g. SQL and NoSQL Databases, Big Data, Cognitive Service, Machine Learning etc.) required
- Understanding of Low code platform and technologies such as Power Platform. preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms required
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub), Low Code (Power Platform). required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Solution Area Specialist App Innovation to job cart