DescriptionWhat makes usQlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data.A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row!Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Data Office and the Data Governance and Stewardship Team
As a part of the CDO organization and our growing Governance team, you will be in a unique position to directly impact the future of Qlik. Our mission is to create processes and systems that provide the right data to the right people at the right time to drive the growth and flexibility of our business as a model to the world showing the power of 3rd Generation Business Intelligence. We are looking to expand with a member who brings technical knowledge of data governance and application to data warehouse/data lake (Snowflake), personal drive and passion in data to the team. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented people committed to innovation and continuous improvement.
How you will spend your time as our Senior Data Governance Engineer
- Contribute to the creation and provide technical input to Data Governance policies, standards and processes related to data, access and security in all environments from ingestion into Snowflake all the way to consumption.
- Work closely with Data Engineering / Platform team to create onboarding and intake documentation and definitions as repeatable processes.
- Ensure that Data Governance policies and procedures are adhered to for onboarding intake requests, data classification and data ownership.
- Ensure controls are in place for access and security for IT managed and self-service environments.
- Implement remediation plans to resolve incidents.
- Track and certify remediation plans and exceptions are followed as planned
- Create success criteria and KPIs and report on them as the (Snowflake) Data Governance status to CDO Office.
- Define the SLAs for Data Warehouse Governance and apply Service Management where applicable.
- Audit and report the Data Warehouse ecosystem to ensure governance adherence.
- Work with business functions to create a plan for compliance and access control.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of the Data Governance roadmap.
- Evaluate and recommend 3rd party technologies that advance the Data Governance roadmap.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement and automation.
- Keep up to date on data warehouse and data lakes on the market as well as Snowflake feature releases, and coordinate with Data Engineering / Platform team on development opportunities.
You will be successful if you have
- 4+ yrs of experience with enterprise data governance, content, compliance and security.
- Proficient in data lakes and/or data warehousing, especially administration, permissions and enabling self-service environments.
- Experience in creating access, security and data governance policies, standards and playbooks.
- Experience in defining system requirements for tools and features.
- Strong experience with SQL, or similar, to run queries.
- Strong understanding of data governance for Data Analytics.
You will thrive if you have
- Self-drive and proactive approach.
- Knowledge of Snowflake, in particular Snowflake Data Governance Framework
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and business teams, drive issues to closure.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to contribute to multiple initiatives or projects concurrently.
- Ability to work independent while enjoying teamwork for result.
The role location can be either King of Prussia, PA USA or Lund, Sweden.
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible workingenvironment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – wegive you a day to change the world. In addition, weencourage our employees to participate inour
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting
- Check out ourcareers in R&D.
- Checkout our company page on
- Follow us onInstagramand on Twitter
- Check usout on
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the
AGENCIES:Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.