Job title: Retail Governance Analyst (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: FlexibleClosing date: 24th June 2021
The opportunity:An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Retail Governance team. The Governance team is the first line of defence for the business areas and our role is to work with all the MFU and functional teams to keep our customer, Brokers and Zurich safe.
The areas we work with include Personal Lines, Zurich Private Clients, Navigators and General, SME and Mid-Market, as well as the support functions within Retail P&C.
We are looking for a Retail Governance Analyst to join the growing team and this could be you!
What will you be doing?As the Governance Analyst you will support the team in a variety of activities including breach management and reporting, producing documents for Governance meetings, investigating issues and facilitating meetings to obtain workable solutions.
The role is very varied and challenging, making it an excellent opportunity to learn all about the Retail business we run and opens up a great networking opportunity. We are looking for someone with good knowledge of the P&C area with excellent IT skills, and an interest in the governance angle of the business.
Much of the training needed for this role is gained whilst on the job and you will be fully supported whilst you grow in confidence and experience. The team works collaboratively and as such there is opportunity to expand knowledge across the full UK landscape.
Here are some examples of what you will be doing in this role:
- Supporting the P&C (General Insurance) governance management and oversight framework.
- Managing and maintaining effective monthly reporting of agreed metric data and returns to governance fora and various key stakeholders.
- Supporting with Compliance & Audit assurance reviews, including co-ordinating assurance activities with the various functions and following up actions.
- Build, maintain and develop strong business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing subject matter expertise and guidance on ongoing issues, breaches and projects as required.
- Identifying, initiating, facilitating and promoting activities required to establish a continuous improvement culture in Retail P&C.
- Ongoing assessment and challenge of P&C risk, systems and controls including interactions with third parties.
- Contributing to the wider operational risk framework through risk profiling, quality assurance reviews and facilitated risk workshops across the Retail environment.
What we are looking for?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of the insurance industry and the legal and regulatory environment.
- Confident in your ability to create and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Good relationship building and active listening skills.
- Strong analysis skills and a solutions and service orientated approach.
- Self-motivated and able to manage your own time and workload.
- Able to work independently yet collaboratively with a virtual team of colleagues from across the UK.
The reward: As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- 12% pension
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
Further information:At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous aawards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.