Job Requisition ID # 21WD49616
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity.
Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and manufacture.
Position OverviewDo you thrive in a team environment? Are you a confident leader, self-motivated and have a PhD in how to “figure things out”? Can you translate sales strategy and goals into concrete actionable steps that your team can execute against?
ResponsibilitiesManaging a team of 8 Strategic Territory Sales Representatives (AEC Industry), this role will drive revenue growth by managing key initiatives and sales performance for the inside sales organization:
- Lead the activities of team, including hiring, coaching, developing talent, team culture and performance management in a SaaS, revenue driven environment
- Coach reps by sharing best practices, strategizing on opportunities and aligning on tactics to ensure success of the reps
- Assist reps with customer meetings as needed for strong results
- Collaborate with Partner Managers and Partners to foster relationships and alignment amongst teams
- Chart and Deliver timely and accurate forecasting and pipeline management
- Collaborate with internal Sales Operations and other stakeholders on reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with Marketing & Channel teams to build and execute campaigns
- Collaborate with other internal organizations and coordinate internal resources as needed
- Direct team with corporate goals and use SMART goals to deliver results.
- Encourage innovation by exchanging new ideas to improve operation and efficiency within sales and the supporting organizations
- Ensure CRM tools and Autodesk methodologies are leveraged to process and track opportunities
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in sales productivity.
- Possess a deep understanding of Salesforce.com, Excel, and other key customer data and business intelligence tools
- Regularly report on team and individual results: pipeline, conversion rates, and quarterly performance
- Sales Management experience (people management) preferred
- 6+ Years direct sales experience (individual contributor role)- with documented track record of success
- Sales Management Experience must have included performance management
- MUST have Previous experience using Salesforce.com and have proficiency with Salesforce.com advanced reporting
- Previous project / program management experience- resulting in driving operational efficiencies imperative
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communications skills a must
- Transparent style-and a willingness to appropriately explain difficult issues; ability to think quickly
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced changing environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Sound business acumen
- Previous experience accurately forecasting and reporting on territory /account activity
- Ability to work independently- and also in a structured, disciplined sales environment
- Some (10%) travel for internal and external meetings required
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree-4 year College/University degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Field of Study: Information Technology, Engineering, Business, Sales/Marketing, or similar
- Formal training in consultative sales techniques; Experience with some sales methodology (TAS) and CRM solution is advantageous
- A combination of education and experience may be acceptable
The Ideal Candidate
- A Leader
- A Coach - You love to foster talent
- Transparent and Collaborative – We share information and best practices with each other and work hard to ensure each other’s success
- You set a great example - You love to roll up your sleeves and dig in
- You have a sense of humor- we have a good time here and you’ll need enjoy both the silly and serious sides of the ADSK culture!
- Team Player
- Extremely detailed oriented and sets a positive tone for your team with every word and deed
- Highly organized and disciplined individual who will work collaboratively across many organizations to strategize and develop synergistic processes and playbook to close sales opportunities
- Extremely process-oriented and efficient
- Ego? What ego? There’s not much room for big ego’s here at Autodesk. Our culture is defined by our people. It’s why we constantly feature at the top of many great place to work awards
Click below to learn more about our benefits in the US.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.