Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Job Overview:Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
GENERAL SUMMARY Qualcomm is a leading provider of hardware and software solutions for Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality, aka eXtended Reality (XR), platforms. Qualcomm is a also a company of inventors that unlocked 5G, ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5G’s potential into world-changing technologies and products. Qualcomm is taking its traditional strengths in digital wireless technologies into the world of XR. XR has the power to completely change the way we interact with people and things and we want you to take on this challenge and make a lasting impact on our lives. Join Qualcomm’s team in San Diego, California, and interact closely with system engineers, software and hardware developers in a world-class XR team. Enjoy life in sunny San Diego on the Pacific coast of California.
Be part of a team of strong technology developers building mobile Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality technology
Enable key partners build and deploy world class XR solutions
Design and deliver key technologies and tools to make XR experiences performant and power optimized
Collaborate across functional boundaries in defining architecture, APIs, design and schedule
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. Modifies existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements. Designs, develops, and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.The responsibilities of this role include:
- Working under close supervision.
- Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
- Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
- Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
- Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.The responsibilities of this role do not include:
- Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
- Influence over key organizational decisions.
- Role in strategic planning.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates issues with team lead and peers.
- Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to meet deadlines.
- Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles.
- Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.
- Gathers, integrates, and interprets information specific to a module or sub-block of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
- Collaborates with individuals within domain to complete the team's work.
- Stays focused and deals with setbacks in a timely manner.
- Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill.
- Completes assigned coding tasks to specifications on time without significant errors or bugs.
- Resolves straightforward software issues and bugs within a reasonable amount of time.
- Actively seeks answers for new challenges.
- Prioritizes project deadlines and deliverables with close supervision.
- Is receptive to others' suggestions about ways in which a problem can be addressed differently.
- Escalates technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).
- Networks with colleagues within domain to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely."
Minimum QualificationsEducation: Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Information Systems
Work Experiences: 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
Work Experiences: 1+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization. ,1+ years experience with API. ,1+ years experience with Database Management Software.
Skills: Mathematical Methods, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Scientific Analysis, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Solutions
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.