Position SummaryThe Institutional Account Manager (IAM) position is within our Complement Franchise, PNH & aHUS, a division of Alexion. The IAM will be assigned a sales territory focused on Key Institutions growth and expansion of the ULTOMIRIS and Soliris portfolio and other products, following FDA approval, for Hematology and Nephrology, primarily, though not exclusively, within Academic Medical Centers and large Community Hospitals. The Institutional Account Manager is responsible for sales achievement and relationship development across the entire patient journey within aligned institutions and surrounding hospital service areas. ULTOMIRIS and Soliris for aHUS and PNH is promoted as appropriate and in-serviced throughout the entire hospital, including: Hematology, Nephrology, Solid Organ Transplant, BMT, Infectious Disease, ICU/CCU, Transfusion Medicine, Rheumatology, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Laboratory Services, Pharmacy and the dialysis unit.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consistently achieves or exceeds sales objectives in assigned territory and be expected to execute tailored hospital selling in a competitive environment in a manner that drives results
- Creates and maintains strategically targeted account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces impacting product sales
- Develop and maintain strong in-depth clinical, technical and scientific knowledge
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders, including Regional Account Manager(s), Thrombosis IAM(s), TLL(s), SAL(s), MSL(s) and Market Access, Diagnostics and enterprise partners
- Requires the ability to handle customer questions and objections in a way that is consistent with product indications and sales training methodology, including ability to compliantly triage inquiries to appropriate partner
- Demonstrates the ability to educate on the clinical approach to disease states, leading to a successful differential diagnosis and appropriate testing of patient populations
- Will be trained to understand and demonstrate proper use of products to clinicians in a hospital environment
- Leads the implementation for our patient-centric partnership model which will include physicians, their staff, patients, clinics, and hospitals
- Tracks activities and submits reports on sales activities accurately & on-time
- Proactively interacts with Alexion management to refine product and market initiatives
- Perform work in alignment with and adheres to all Alexion’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and Alexion policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience, including 3 years biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience calling on Institutions and hospital systems
- Effectively manages the complexity of systems approach and has developed multidisciplinary teams in Institutions; such as a TMA Center of Excellence
- Proven, documented track record for delivering consistent, 'Top-tier' sales results in Institutions and hospital systems
- Ability to work effectively independently and in an interdependent, team-oriented environment on a consistent basis
- Demonstrated ability to successfully seek out and qualify leads and profile new accounts
- Ability to gain consistent access & develop strong, professional relationships for scientific exchange and promotion with healthcare providers in community and academic centers
- Effective administrator who efficiently manages time, CRM tool, resources and workload
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis which will include frequent overnight and weekend travel
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Advanced or master’s degree
- Sales experience in the orphan or ultra-orphan area
Milwaukee, WI, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes two approved complement inhibitors to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) as well as the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG) and neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing several mid-to-late-stage therapies, including a second complement inhibitor, a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease and an anti-neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) antibody for rare Immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated diseases as well as several early-stage therapies, including one for light chain (AL) amyloidosis and a second anti-FcRn therapy. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes' list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.