DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at .
The ChallengeThis purpose of this position is to generate new projects and revenue growth by pursuing leads, supporting customers and working with Sales, Marketing and Commercial teams including the sharing of product information and sales collateral, sending samples when appropriate and capturing insights in CRM for project development. This role will move the opportunities from “Lead to Order” and generate incremental business for all markets in the Human Nutrition & Health (HNH) segment while maintaining and managing a sales territory around $6MM in value.
- Responsible for proactively locating and prospecting new opportunities for DSM by generating and following up on leads.
- Responsible for pricing and negotiation of deals with new leads
- Extend and communicate strategic growth opportunities to potential customers and targeted prospects.
- Act as first line technical representative to customer during initial contact and qualify customer needs. Follow-up on all aspects of requests, both written and verbally matching DSM products/capabilities/services to customer requirements.
- Work closely with Commercial Management when responding to a Request for Proposal (RFP) while gathering information on market conditions, pricing and competitive landscape
- Selectively participate in trade shows, meetings and industry events.
- Maintain accurate account files of all customers, projects and leads including all written communications via CRM.
- Provide frequent and bi-lateral reporting and communication to internal customers (sales/marketing/communications) of outcomes of negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth i.e. clear details, critical timeframes and expectations.
- Track and report status of all projects generated by leads via Project Funnel.
- Collaborate with Marketing/Commercial to evaluate viability and return on sourcing leads. Recommend refinements and improvements on all components.
- Be well networked within DNP HNH in order to direct or respond in a timely manner to a customer’s inquiry or need.
- Seek advice or input from team DSM team members for “Out of Scope” customer requests.
- Continually increase communication and relationship building skills as well of knowledge of products and markets.
- To acknowledge and strictly follow SHE policy in all activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/marketing field or science/technology required; food science degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in sales, technical service, sales support or marketing
- Demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with various individuals at all functional levels within an organization to meet customer needs and generate sales.
- In depth experience with SAP, Excel, and CRM preferred
- Working knowledge of human premix products and food or dietary supplement industry market segments including their manufacturing processes preferred
- Working knowledge of market requirements and specifications a plus
- Extremely, motivated, energetic self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced, highly visible department and ever-changing environment
- Extremely resourceful, assertive individual with ability to recognize and deliver insights and solutions to internal and external customers
- Strong organizational and analytical skills needed for tracking, managing and analyzing customer lead effectiveness
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as relationship building skills for interacting with internal and external customers
- Results oriented individual with an ability to be flexible and creative in order to manage a variety of customer requests and requirements
- Ability to be comfortable in working independently and confident in making decisions as it relates to obtaining information for customer requests
- Continually strive to increase skills and knowledge of the business well as growth for the company
- Prior work experience with identifying and creating new customers and projects
- Willing/able to Travel: Domestic – less than 10%
The RewardWorking for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & ContactInterested in this position? Please apply online via the career portal ()
Pre-employment screening procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when further information is required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.