Network Engineer SME
Hampton, VA US
Hampton, VA US
Job DescriptionCACI is seeking a Senior Network Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME) with Network Automation experience, including installation and configuration of network devices, system administration and maintenance functions associated with monitoring and controlling Flexpod hosting classified intelligence data and software applications. It’s also desired to have experience scripting in Python, Ansible or similar. This work is in support of the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS). Location of work Hampton, VA.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Integrate upgraded network and FlexPod components into the AOC baseline.
- Administration of integration and test lab networking infrastructure in support of integration and test activities for the AOC.
- Research candidate systems or candidate system upgrades for prerequisites, dependencies, and required integration tasks.
- Implement candidate baseline upgrades in a controlled lab environment according to coordinated and scheduled tasks in a detailed Integrated Master Schedule.
- Utilize a centralized trouble ticket management system for issues found and employ rigorous troubleshooting techniques to determine root cause(s) and resolve or mitigate impacts, as possible.
- Document detailed repeatable procedures for baseline implementation (includes pre-planning, installation, post-configuration, data migration, operations, and maintenance) and specify media requirements.
- Support all phases of testing for functional suitability and effectiveness, IA certification and accreditation, and interoperability, as required.
- Maintain baseline documentation and media artifacts for allocated systems by responding to documentation redlines and supporting T2 Help Desk trouble tickets, as required.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship with industry representatives and AOC stakeholders in other functional areas of program execution.
- Recommend candidate future AOC baseline upgrades through proper CM channels.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Active DOD Secret security clearance.
- B.S. degree + 15 year's of relevant IT experience
- Security + CE certification.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, or other industry certification(s)
- Demonstrated advanced troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Ability to produce detailed technical documentation.
- Ability to work on a team under pressure to meet strict schedule requirements.
- Demonstrated scripting skills such as, Ansible, Python, Terraform.
- Relevant experience in the installation and configuration of AOC baseline network systems and FlexPod components, including three or more of the following:
- Cisco Router (3900 series)
- Catalyst Switches (6500 and 3850 series)
- Nexus Switches (9500 series, 5548UP, 2248TP)
- Cisco Unified Computing System
- Network Appliance FAS (2240, 3240, 2650, 8200)
- VMware Virtual Center Server and vSphere
- Solarwinds NPM and NCM
- Cisco Secure ACS or ISE
- McAfee Enterprise Firewall and Sidewinder Firewall
- Standard/extended ACLs, as used in IOS/NX-OS
- NetApp Data OnTap Cluster Mode
These Qualifications are Nice to Have:
- System administration of Windows Server 2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris
- VMware and Citrix tools
- Microsoft SCCM
- HBSS (McAfee ePO)
- Experience with scripting such as PowerShell and VB Script
- Familiarity with DISA STIG compliance
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Develop automation process for on-boarding new devices to monitoring system
- Amazon or Azure Web Services certification (desired)
- Experience of migrating to the cloud (desired)
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Job LocationUS-Hampton-VA-NORFOLK-VIRGINIA BCH
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.