As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
We are Poly. We make technology that powers human connection that simply works, then steps out of the way. We are changing how the world communicates and collaborates. And we need you.
As a Solution Architect, your role is to provide pre-sales technical assistance and leadership in account opportunities, working with Systems Engineers (SE’s) and Account Managers on integrating Poly Solutions into Poly UC Partner ecosystems including Microsoft, Zoom, Bluejeans, Amazon, etc.
The ideal candidate for the SA role will be someone with experience in the UC Industry who can translate that into a strong meeting presence, quickly becoming a trusted advisor. This individual will be able to analyze a situation from all sides, but especially from the customer’s perspective and communicate that analysis to our customers as well as our Account and SE teams. They will be forward thinking and able to communicate that future vision succinctly throughout the Organization and to customer contacts up to and including C-Level. Finally, this person will be easily adaptable to changing environments and aware of their own strengths and weaknesses to the point of understanding how these affect their efficacy.
In order to achieve this goal, it is expected that the Solution Architect will:
- Be a subject matter expert on Microsoft or other Cloud UC solutions. This is approximately 75% of the role.
- Mentor the SE community, sales teams and partners on solution design and competitive differentiation. This is approximately 20% of the role.
- Provide feedback to the BU on emerging customer requirements. This is approximately 5% of the role.
Additional responsibilities of the Solution Architect include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Account Managers and Systems Engineers with strategic guidance in Microsoft, Zoom or other UC Ecosystem focused sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Regional and Local Partner Field Sales Teams.
- Provide information to product management and engineering on customer feedback, new features/improvements, etc.
- Act as a leader in the overall sales community for UC Partner integrated solutions including providing proactive and scheduled technical support for customer engagements and demos.
- Present value proposition, solution architecture, design specifics, roadmap and competitive positioning in formal and informal settings.
- Articulate a compelling Polycom UC vision across executives and technical decision makers.
- Customer-specific design/architecture development.
- Advise on the integration of the Polycom UC solution into existing infrastructures.
- Address security, network and Microsoft environment (AD, SfB, Exchange, etc.) concerns.
- Develop close links with relevant Product Managers and development staff within the Poly Business Unit(s)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of roadmap & development activities
- Provide feedback on current solutions from customers/field
- Provide feedback on competitive offerings
- Provide feedback on emerging customer requirements
- Develop documents for SE/Account Team knowledge transfer
- Reference Architectures
- Case Studies
- Design Best Practices
- Actively participate on social media, especially in the Polycom Partner Solution Forum
- Schedule and perform periodic updates for SEs
- Solution updates
- Competitive differentiators
- Demonstration Best Practices
- Mentor SE, sales and partner communities on UC systems, architectural considerations and competitive differentiation.
- Create a spirit of competitive superiority
- Provide event support for seminars and trade shows.
- Substantial documented experience in a mixture of networking, network applications, Unified Communications and major project development.
- Deep expertise in Microsoft solutions
- Skype for Business, Teams, AD, database, Exchange/Calendaring
- Deep expertise in Zoom or other UCaaS solutions
- Expertise in multiple technology domains
- Video Conferencing
- Data Networking Infrastructure
- Unified Communications
- Network Security
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record in acquiring expertise in new technologies.
- Higher education to degree level or similar qualification
- Expert-level architectural, deployment, and troubleshooting skills
- Very strong knowledge of Exchange Server 2007+, Active Directory, DNS, and networking
- Significant experience in a pre-sales role
- Experience integrating video conferencing platforms with Microsoft SfB or Teams
- Experience integrating video conferencing platforms with Zoom, BJN, Amazon Chime
- Established name recognition in the UC industry through social media, blogs, speaking events, etc.
- Experience working on a fast-paced, high performing and high-profile team.
Thrive At Poly Because You Are Joining:
- A global team, united by our innovative products, making an impact toward creating amazing new ways to hear, to see, to work, and to work together.
- A company who believes a distributed workforce is the present and the future. We leverage our great products, so employees can work in an environment that makes them most connected and productive, no matter where they are.
- People who are passionate about creating excellence – for our customers, and for each other. We’re in this adventure together!
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.