Job Summary:As a Software Engineer on the Developer Productivity Engineering, Build & Release team at Disney Streaming, you’ll design and develop custom tools and shared libraries and support mission-critical infrastructure that all allow application teams to quickly and dependably deliver software to their customers. We’re looking for an associate to mid-level engineer with a strong base in CI/CD processes and tools and the desire to learn more.
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Build and maintain pipeline libraries to abstract build, release, and deploy events for use by dozens of development organizations
- Work directly with app development teams to determine needs and implement CI/CD best practices
- Support critical deployment systems for the entire organization
- Participate in the code review process by providing feedon pull requests
- Participate in the on-call rotation, supporting systems and services during production incidents
- Author and provide feedon technical proposals and root cause analyses
- Extensive hands-on experience administering Jenkins and authoring complex pipelines
- Experience writing custom buildfiles in gradle and/or sbt
- Thorough understanding of Docker and exposure to container orchestration systems such as ECS or Kubernetes
- Coding experience in groovy, java, or scala
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Hands on experience with AWS provisioning via Cloudformation
- Ability to effectively collaborate with remote team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git
- Ability to proactively identify potential areas of improvement in software and tooling
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- Experience with application monitoring software such as New Relic or Datadog
- Coding experience with python or go
- Working knowledge of gitops
About Disney Streaming Services:Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.