Description Jacobs is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to work onsite in Washington, DC. Duties will include:
- Identify, assess, install, configure, assist with accreditation, provision and maintain DevSecOps tools in AWS/Azure
- Trains development teams on the use of DevSecOps tools in AWS/Azure
- Identifies and documents development team business processes and supports change management initiatives within the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Automate processes to enable greater speed and scale
- Engineer automation solutions within DevSecOps.
- Implement continuous build, integration, deployment and infrastructure as code systems.
- Continually review and recommend improvement to operational process and procedures.
- Implement and manage standard tools and services for automating software development testing.
- Design, develop and support cloud engineering change management processes.
- Facilitates the release of more reliable apps - faster and more frequently.
- Build and operate fast and scalable workflows to get applications into the cloud in a more secure and cost effective manner.
- Deploy and configure daily builds and troubleshoot failed builds
- Communicate with developers, information security professionals, and project managers to continually improve development and deployment capabilities.
- Work with developers to support and troubleshoot applications.
- Design and build automation solutions for the environment for application source, deploy pipeline, and configuration management systems.
- Identify application development, build, and deployment activities that can be automated.
- Monitor telemetry from CI/CD pipeline activities
- Develop automated reporting, notification, and dashboard capabilities to visualize key metrics and telemetry from the CI/CD pipeline.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of relevant work experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows administration, including system designs, configurations, maintenance, upgrades and administration.
- Demonstrated strong programming skills using a preferred language, for example, python, ruby, java, nodejs, or similar
- Hands on working experience on DevOps essential tools like Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar
- Configuration Management (Chef and/or Ansible)
- Experience with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, ELB, Subnet/AZ, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or Gitlab: 2 years experience
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools including Splunk CloudWatch or equivalent
- Experience creating cloud infrastructure as code using Terraform or equivalent
- Excellent user interface / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both open source licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Teamcity, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline
- Experience with DevOps-related utilities including Bitbucket, Nexus, Consul, and Artifactory
- Experience with infrastructure automation testing following CI/CD practices including liniting with foodcritic and rubocop, unit test with chef-spec and integration test with in-spec
- Experience with JUnit, Mocah Jess and other testing tools
- General understanding of Java and related tools (maven, flyway, tomcat and EMS)
- Ability to perform defect root cause analysis and provide resolution
- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Scripting experience with shell or python or ruby
- Enterprise Docker or Kubernetes expertise, especially with AWS EKS or ECS services
- Experience with CM tools. Ansible is preferred.
Physical Requirements:Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Work Environment:General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance:Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under and
Primary Location:United States-District of Columbia-washington-20351-BFD4
Job Posting:Jun 18, 2020, 9:07:33 PM
Job Classification:Full-Time Regular
Capabilities:Data Science and Big Data Solutions