Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Data scientists at Disney Streaming Services (DSS) use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. In order to draw causal conclusions about novel product ideas and releases, we are building up AB testing capabilities across a variety of user-facing applications and services. As Manager, you will lead development of experiment analysis capabilities and best experimental practices by partnering with a broad set of technical and cross-functional teams.
- Leadership & Mentoring: Recruit and mentor staff to build a world-class data team.
- Experimentation: Lead analysis and execution of experiments in the areas of customer acquisition, streaming quality, application performance, and commerce. Share and promote experimentation best practices.
- Analysis automation: Effectively scale analysis from a single AB test to standardize metric definitions, statistical tests and results visualizations.
- Deep analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create a common understanding of how people are interacting with the service and content.
- Partnership: Partner closely with the experimentation platform team, product managers, data engineers to improve platform capabilities, drive development of new features and testing strategies.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and executing AB tests.
- 3+ years of experience using SQL
- 3+ years of Python or other statistical programming language
- 2+ years leadership experience (includes people management, mentoring interns, technical leadership, and project management)
- Deep understanding of statistical concepts like hypothesis testing, Bayesian decision-making, etc.
- Hands-on experience in advanced data analysis
- Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders
- Experience and aptitude to deliver high-quality solutions on short timelines
- Experience thinking strategically to interpret market and consumer information, preferably about a subscription service.
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Advanced degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience.
About Disney Streaming Services:Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.