The Institute of Maritime Energy Systems, founded in 2020, researches and develops innovative solutions for decarbonization and emission reduction in shipping. In cooperation with the industry, these solutions are transferred into practice. The Institute is building a large-scale infrastructure to test and demonstrate new energy systems to be developed in a standardized laboratory environment and under real conditions on a research vessel.
The activity includes the following tasks:
- conception and development of system configurations of maritime energy systems
- evaluation of electronic system components and of consumers and producers in the system
- design, construction and testing of suitable zero-emission systems consisting of fuel storage and converter
- suggesting projects and plans for the acquisition
- writing scientific documentation and publications
- drafting and accompanying property right applications
- scientific university studies in technical physics or comparable field of study
- physical-technical knowledge of energy (electricity, heat and cold)
- handling of simple simulation tools (e.g. Mathlab)
- extensive English language skills
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development.Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives.Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (m/f/non-binary).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.