Job Summary:The Manager, Finance Studio China will be responsible for participating to the consolidation of Studio financials across China, for both Disney and Fox brands.
In collaboration with the rest of the Studio APAC Finance team as well as with local Studio teams, the position will provide financial and strategic support as part of the Company’s key processes (Five-year Plan, AOP, Forecast and quarterly accounting close).
Responsibilities:Financial Planning & Analysis
- Overall, build a solid working relationship with local Studio business teams (for territories in charge) and get a deep understanding of local theatrical market specificities, in order to be able to explain financials for the territories in charge; become a daily forecasting business partner for the local Studio teams.
- Full responsibility for preparing, submitting and explaining quarterly Theatrical Forecasts for territory (ies) in charge (4 Forecasts per year, second month of each quarter per year), as well as mini-Forecasts (3 per year, first month of each quarter) – to internal stakeholders in Shanghai. Preparation of decks and presentations when required.
- Full responsibility for preparing and submitting the annual Theatrical Five-year Plan (every year), and annual Theatrical AOP (Annual Operating Plan) for territory (ies) in charge– and in charge of follow-ups and additional analysis/requests from all internal stakeholders.
- The position might also provide Finance support to local initiatives when needed, at local Studio teams’ or at APAC Regional teams’ request.
- At each quarter close, in close partnership with our APAC Controllership center (ASC) and APAC Credit & Collections team, preparation and review of accruals related to the Theatrical business for territory (ies) in charge. Preparation of Cause of Change schedules (actuals vs Forecast) and related deliverables.
Projects and Other
- Participation to any project, presentation, analysis or data request related to Studio China/APAC businesses.
- Proactive lead of improvement of processes, new tools adoption for constantly increased efficiency
- Degree in Business or Finance/Accounting
- 8+ years working experience in related area, a mixed experience in Big 4 and multinational companies working experience is preferred
- MBA or CPA a plus
- Possesses strong knowledge of US GAAP (PRC GAAP a plus)
- Strong interest for Media & Entertainment industry, and theatrical distribution
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization including executives
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving, decision making and continuous process improvement skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel/PPT knowledge
- Experience working with SAP a plus
- Fluency in English (Mandarin a plus but not necessary)