- Implement protocols for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) for Genomics and Transcriptomics in microbial populations (Microbiome), from sample prep to data analysis
- Routinely evaluate and improve microbial NGS protocols
- Perform data analysis using bioinformatics tools
- Implement automation to increase lab capacity and allow high throughput service
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Identify and solve problems independently
The position is within the Microbiome services department.
- Specimen handling and processing, NGS analysis, reporting of results and record-keeping
- Implement and adjust protocols established by the R&D team.
- Implement automation for sample prep and microbial sequencing
- Analyzing the sequencing results using relevant databases and bioinformatics tools
- Operates Illumina Next-Gen sequencing instruments as well as automated liquid handlers and other key lab instrumentation.
- Work according to SOPs and regulations
- Constantly review relevant scientific literature and suggest innovative sequencing related protocols, databases, algorithms and products.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or another life science discipline AND at least 1 year of experience in automation, RNA and DNA NGS library prep and operating Illumina NGS instruments
- 1+ year of experience involving downstream applications for next-gen sequencing and NGS data handling
- Ph.D. highly preferred
- Background in Microbiome research highly preferred
- Customer-facing experience highly preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of IT applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Statistical Software).
- Highly motivated
- Team player
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to work under pressure
- Great interpersonal skills
- Quickly adapt to changes
- Well organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once and able to work independently
- Superb data analysis skills.
RSRMS St. Louis