Your Role:The Research Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking an Account Manager to support the growth strategy for academic, government, hospital divisions. An Account Manager in Research Solutions is responsible for selling the Life science portfolio leveraging all communication channels including phone, email, social, video and face-to-face as warranted. The Account Manager is responsible for establishing and executing business plans and sales strategies to defend and develop existing account sales, customer segment and/or industry knowledge, cross-functional collaboration and value-creation.
Account Managers are responsible for achieving sales targets in an assigned territory through effective execution of the sales strategy and proactive (outbound) contact, overall territory/account management, and travel to the assigned account if applicable or deemed appropriate based on account and opportunity size. The ideal candidate is results oriented, has strong solutions based selling skills including experience in utilizing a technology stack to accelerate the sales process. An agile, highly collaborative and early adopter mindset is preferred. Position Responsibilities:
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by leadership
- Effective execution of the defined sales strategy
- Efficiently manage territory through account planning and engagement with key stakeholders within an account including end users, KOLs (key opinion leaders) and procurement
- Maintain a level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value and promote customer improvement
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with customers both external and internal
- Schedule and execute campaigns and promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include, but not limited to: Contracts, Pricing Agreements, Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
- Ability to travel as necessary for meetings, training and customer visits if applicable
- Ability to sit for extended times (approximately 8 hours) at a desk using a computer.
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or in business with a 3+years of sales experience.
- 1+ years of demonstrated ability with various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM, Eloqua or marketing software, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other social platforms
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science market.
- Digitally savvy and social
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and/or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills including digital sales, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for research
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills
- Good time management skills
RSRMS St. Louis