Why join us?This position is based out of our office in Vaughan Office.
SNC-Lavalin Inc. is a global engineering and construction firm with offices across Canada, in over 35 other countries around the world and currently working in approximately 100 countries. We are recruiting the best and the brightest: people who are truly passionate about what they do. This is your chance to showcase your talents and skills by joining our project teams worldwide. Open the door to a world of opportunities: .
SNC-Lavalin’s Environment & Geoscience group offers consulting services in the following areas: Geotechnical, Geo environmental, Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join the team in our Vaughan, office, helping senior engineers and mentoring junior engineers, having client relations and proposal writing skills and a proven ability to lead geotechnical projects from start to finish including ability to perform geotechnical analyses independently.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Analyzing and preparing competitive proposals, recommendations and reports for projects relating to all aspects of geotechnical engineering including foundation design, slope stability, road embankment design, settlement analysis, seismic analyses, earth pressures, excavation design and support, materials testing, etc.
- Collaboration with staff and managers in other Ontario offices and out-of-province.
- Participating in or delegation of participation in local professional and/or business associations.
- Mentoring and/or coaching staff.
- Provide guidance, training and direction to junior staffs to ensure the completion of the project scope of work.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with new and existing clients, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and helping senior engineers and manager to expand internal SNC-Lavalin network.
- Ensuring appropriate Quality Management System is applied on team’s projects.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and instructing others.
- Contributing to the development of simple to complex project proposals/cost estimates and participate in the process of securing new business opportunities or expanding the scope of existing projects.
- Ensuring proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures, including Ethics and Compliance.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a P.Eng. designation (Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred).
- Minimum of 6 years relevant industry experience, since graduation, in geotechnical engineering related services.
- Demonstrated successful track record with business development and proposals.
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, project management skills.
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills, English fluency.
- Valid Canadian driver’s licence with a clean drivers abstract.
- Must be able and willing to travel for project work away from the home office.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time.
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.