Why join us?SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?To perform this role successfully, the individual will:
- Manage a Systems Design team
- Technical management of all Rail and Transit product lines, i.e.: Track, Power Supply and Distribution, Rail Control and Communications, Rolling Stock, Safety Assurance or Strategic Services proposed for bids and deployed on projects, including all hardware and software components.
- Work with the Systems Design, Systems Integration, Requirements Management and Configuration Management teams on specification and delivery of Rail Systems into overall transit, urban rail and heavy freight projects.
- Work with the Verification & Validation and Fixed Facilities E&M teams on integrating Systems components within their deliverables.
- Manage the interface with other internal disciplines, design teams and external team members (architects, code consultants, contractors, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.).
- Support Systems Design in the delivery of Design/Construction documentation.
- Interact with Operations and Maintenance teams.
- Support construction and installation activities in the field.
- Support Testing & Commissioning activities and start of revenue service of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight systems.
- Assist with customer staff training.
- Assist with the preparation of O&M Manuals.
What will you contribute?Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor of Engineering degree is required.
- 10 – 15 years of relevant experience with at least 3 at manager level.
- PEO membership or eligibility to become a member
- Able to lead a team of specialists.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English is required for the position. Knowledge of French desirable.
- Experienced in the design, integration and deployment of at least one Rail and Transit product line into transit systems.
- Experienced in the generation of technical requirements and specifications.
- Accustomed to operating within a multi-disciplinary project structure with responsibility for systems interfaces and integration.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects at one time.
- Able to interact within discussions with the partners, clients and suppliers and able to take the technical lead on such discussions.
- Able to interact with senior staff as technical lead.
- Able to interact with fellow team members.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Able to work in design office, project office and field environments.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites.
- Must be willing to travel to vendor locations.
- Must be able to work away from home for periods of time.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Additional Information:Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.