As a Project Coordinator you will play a key role in providing leadership in managing/supervising construction projects by assisting in the project management and coordination of schedules, manpower, customer relations, engineering, and procurement. Risk analysis; project forecasting, liaising with EPC and subcontractors are daily occurrences in these positions. This position reports directly to the Project Manager.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager responsible for the project. Following the Project Manager’s review of the project estimate, budget, commercial and the technical review of the project, the Project Coordinator directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering and construction requirements within the scope of a specified project.
- Carries out detailed constructability reviews to develop the engineering design requirements, project schedule, manpower and procurement requirements
- Plans and implements an engineering and construction program, including defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and manpower requirements
- Develops and maintains the project schedule and budget for the engineering and construction segments of the project
- Provides status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Identifies project manpower requirements and coordinates manpower with appropriate trades and subcontractors
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Evaluates and recommends design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
- Forecast and tracks change orders and scope changes
- Assists and monitors safety programs and statistics as required
- Writes and reviews purchase specifications and subcontract documents
- Coordinates all site procurement activities including validation of material specifications, preparation of purchase requisitions, materials material tracking and ensuring traceability of materials when installed in the field
- Active involvement in quality assurance with regards to understating and implementing policies and procedures.