Location: This role will be located and responsible for the Western Canada Territory
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, oncology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your Role: As a Medical Science Liaison, responsible for Western Canada, you will hold scientific exchanges and assist in the development and execution scientific activities dictated by the Medical plans within the Oncology franchise.
You will also present healthcare professionals and decision makers with accurate, balanced and timely information about our Oncology medicines portfolio; Execute specialized scientific/educational projects & programs; Provide ongoing clinical feedback and customer insights and continuing field scientific support and training for sales and customer service. You will participate in the ongoing evaluation of unmet needs, and profiling of new customers. You will keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in Oncology and maintain superior knowledge of competitive products; actively participate in key medical and scientific conferences by attending scientific sessions, staffing medical information booths and gathering competitive intelligence on competitors. Contribute and participate in the Company’s commitment to scientific and clinical excellence. Support clinical operation, through effective interaction with clinical investigators, and research coordinators to ensure successful execution of trials.
Who You Are:
- M.Sc. degree in clinical or related science is minimal requirement
- M.D., Pharm.D. or a Ph.D. degree in clinical or related science, is a strong asset
- Experience in pharmaceutical environment is a strong asset
- Knowledge of regulatory, drug safety, clinical drug development and clinical research
- Proven ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners including KOL’s and global stakeholders demonstrating a strong sense of urgency and valued customer focus
- Advanced ability to convey technical information to physicians and others in the medical community
- Ability to travel 60% of the time to cover specific territory
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!