JOB DESCRIPTIONWalt Disney Television (WDT) is seeking a Manager, Content Valuation & Analytics to help deliver critical analytic insights for all WDT’s content. The manager will play a critical role in supporting the Content Valuation & Analytics team in data mining and in preparing analysis in support of content valuation for the domestic and international markets. This team works closely with key stakeholders from business units such as: Legal, Labor Relations, WDT Studios, Strategy & Operations and Content Licensing.
The successful candidate needs to be highly analytical, comfortable working with large data sets and have a proven record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment. This position is based in Burbank, CA.
- Curate, manipulate, and synthesize large amounts of data to generate useful features, draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in actionable insights;
- Routinely track and maintain Nielsen ratings and rankings, critical review scores, and industry awards (e.g., Emmys, Golden Globes, etc.) for current network and cable primetime programs;
- Effectively work independently to support existing processes and develop new reports and dashboards (typically in Microsoft Office Suite);
- Assist in performing searches of television content, via internal and external resources, and assessing the nature of its comparability for the project at hand;
- Streamline reporting through development of repeatable processes and enhanced data collection procedures;
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Leverage all analytical tools from a variety of syndicated data sources such as critical review online forums, Nielsen, and entertainment industry publications to discern trends and provide insights-based recommendations;
- Assist in preparing content valuations for new, returning and library series made available on Disney’s direct-to-consumer services;
- 6+ years of progressive experience in a financial analysis, finance, and/or consulting role;
- BA/BS in business, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative discipline;
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and partner across all levels of management;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to track to established objectives, manage multiple priorities, and pivot quickly based on immediate needs of the business;
- Experience working independently to scope, identify, and execute value-added processes and process enhancements;
- Experience with large data sets and analytical tools with a demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data;
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, proactive and a true team-player who is willing to pitch in wherever needed;
- Attention to detail, accuracy, organization, strong problem-solving skills, exceptional work ethic and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment are essential;
- Comfortable rationalizing and justifying decisions made and processes implemented, yet flexible with switching direction if conditions dictate;
- Experience with Data Analytics tools (e.g., Tableau), knowledge of consumer data sources (e.g., Nielsen), ability to edit/enhance SQL queries preferred;
- Desire to work with numbers and perform analysis while demonstrating strong attention to detail and maintaining accurate supporting documentation of work performed;
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), strong financial modelling skills required
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors;
- Passion for the entertainment industry and television programming; content licensing experience is a plus;
- Curious mind with a passion for puzzles and problem solving;
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About 20th Century Fox Television:Twentieth Century Fox Television is one of the industry's most prolific suppliers of primetime television programming and entertainment content, including the No 1. Series on all of broadcast, NBC’s THIS IS US; Fox’s No. 1 drama, 9-1-1 and No. 1 comedy LAST MAN STANDING, ABC’s five-time Emmy Award-winner MODERN FAMILY, FX’s No. 1 series AMERICAN HORROR STORY; and the longest-running primetime scripted series in the history of television, THE SIMPSONS, in addition to dozens of others. The studio’s cable production division, Fox 21 Television Studios, is responsible for acclaimed and award-winning series including AMERICAN CRIME STORY, HOMELAND, THE AMERICANS, SONS OF ANARCHY, GENIUS and POSE. The studio’s content now reaches more than a billion people every day across the world; in as many as 180 countries, across six continents, in 30 different languages.
About The Walt Disney Company:The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Fox Networks Group, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call 20th Century Fox Television.
Fox Networks Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.