Associate Systems Engineer - for the following location: Netherlands
This is an exciting time for you to become involved in the IT industry. Digital transformation is everywhere, with technologies such as Multi-Cloud, Automation, IoT, AI/ML and 5G driving the next waves of innovation. Juniper Networks is at the heart of this transformation with its industry leading technologies that are ever more software defined, helping to resolve the most complex issues in connectivity.
As a Systems Engineer you’ll drive transformation for our customers and partners to self-driving networks.
Systems Engineers are the distinguished technical specialists who collaborate to understand our clients critical business issues as well as their technical requirements and apply Juniper technology to find long-term sustainable solutions. Systems Engineers work with customers and Juniper partners daily. They evaluate different scenarios and whether it can meet cost and performance goals on schedule. You will become the technical lead who advises the best way to deploy technology in their specific case, and you will be able to apply your passion for technology to excite them. If you love real-world application of knowledge to resolve problems, Systems Engineering is an extraordinary place to be.
Are you willing to unleash your potential?
We will welcome you into a 12 months ramp-up program that will guarantee success: the Associate Systems Engineering Program.
The Associate Program is a career development program designed to rapidly onboard engineers joining the workforce. It starts with 3 months intensive academic training at Juniper Networks’ EMEA HQ in The Netherlands. The courses will cover deep technical skills as well as a complete overview of fundamental presentation, pitch and self-awareness. In that period, we expect you to fully dedicate to learn and collaborate with other associates as well as to networking activities with other teams.
The program will continue for another 9 months when you will relocate to either United Kingdom, France, Germany or stay in the Netherlands at a Juniper location to work to deepen your Juniper technology knowledge via hands-on activities and customer interactions. The learning curve is very steep, and Juniper delivers a wide array of situations and customer scenarios to help you grow in any technology or solution area. You will have the chance to define solutions that make a meaningful difference to our customers.
Your career at Juniper will be full of opportunities for development and to challenge you after the competition of the program.
The role of an Associate Systems Engineer is very varied and dynamic. Typical activities may include the following:
- Collaborate in onsite customer presentations and engagements
- Prepare technical responses to customers proposals/RFPs and follow up on customer’s questions
- Participate in the development of proof-of-concept test configurations based on test plans and deliver to our clients
- Deliver training and workshops as part of the Channel and Partners engagements
- Acquire technical troubleshooting skills, including problem identification, reporting and understand critical issue management
- It is needed to be a recent graduate with a Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- You must speak the local language of the permanent position fluently
- The right-to-work in the program country is essential for this position
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge in any of these areas: IP networking, virtualization, cloud orchestration, network automation, security, or management solutions
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- You have deep and incurable curiosity
- Committed to develop your technical and professional skills
- Dedication to master and build solutions that fit customer needs
The working language at Juniper is English but applicants should speak the local language of the permanent role fluently or to an advanced level.
Relocation is not available